Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Went to church this morning alone as Hubbie is still a bit under the weather,but is better than yesterday.
Daughter left after teaching her Sunday school class so #1 son's family and I were left.
I love my church family,they are always so concerned and it is a joy to catch up with neighbors every Sunday about the past week.
Hubbie and daughter had lunch almost ready by the time we got home. We had a marinated pork loin, green beans ,potatoes,corn and rolls for lunch. Everyone made it today even #2 son's 4-legged kid Flash came to play with Annie while we ate.
After lunch Hubbie and I went to Ingles for a few things and to pick up oil and filter for my van. I'm tired of seeing that change oil light come on every time I start up (really it's only been doing it since Tuesday) but it seems longer. Hubbie feels better this afternoon and with the weather predictions and if he has that tooth pulled tomorrow he might not have another opportunity this week so he changed the oil today.
G-son went with daughter and d-in-love to Wally World and then spent the afternoon here playing with his aunt T when they got back.
Today is another beautiful sunny 52 degree day. After filling all my bird feeders I sat out on the front porch in the late afternoon sun and it felt good on my face.
After chores Hubbie and I watched some of the Super Bowl,neither of us care who wins,somehow that takes the excitement from it.
Just for the records this has been a historical event even before it started because of a major snow and ice storm in Dallas,Texas where it was played.The Green bay Packers and Pittsburg Steelers played with Green Bay eeking out a 6 point victory. These guys running around out there with all this long hair coming out from under their helmets look ridiculous to me. If I was on the opposing team it would just be too tempting if I needed to stop them not to grab me a handful of that long mane !!! I can hear the penalty whistles now !!! or maybe not !!!!!

Watching the news tonight and listening to the weather wizards guess at how much snow we are going to get this week is almost comical as they all have different opinions.
Grateful to God for a wonderful blessed Sunday.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Fresh snow on the ground this morning...bring on the spring!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Glad hubby is better. Sounds like you all had a good day. Your Sunday lunch/dinner sounded good. Aren't you happy to have your family so close by?

We watched some of the game. We were for the Packers --so since they won, we were happy. Guess I'm getting too old though since I despise the hoopla --and the halftime show. AND--can't they find someone who can sing the National Anthem???? GADS...

Don't think we are going to get anything from either of these upcoming storms. The first one is going north of us and the 2nd one south and east of us...

Hugs,
Betsy