Thursday, February 17, 2011

WOW 62 DEGREES

After chores I had a full morning of catch up paperwork to get done today. It's nice to know exactly where everything is and not have to search for things in a pile of papers.
Made Avon calls and lined up my route that started with a meet at 1:30,then a stop at daughter's school to pick up something from her.The clouds were slowly burning off as the afternoon wore on. The wind is still blowing but the temperature of 62 is very warm. I have on a sweatshirt and I'm wishing I had on short sleeves.
But as you can see by the brown grass and leafless trees winter has a ways to go yet and I've a feeling that we'll pay for this nice weather. But I can take the payback because this is sure a refreshing, reassuring change in what was shaping up to be a long winter.
Between deliveries and errands I stopped by a truckload discount store and found these neat Christmas ornaments.I just love these and for $1 I couldn't pass them up,probably should have bought more than 1 box. They were regularly $5.99 for the box.
I also bought some Christmas placemats.
I made it home about 4:45,Hubbie was just getting home and he helped me carry in the groceries and put them away.
I put a couple more big hen eggs under Gertrude. She is so funny she will almost reach for the eggs when she sees them in my hand. I think she will be a super mom.
After chores and supper I finished the shredding and got my desk drawers all emptied and am now officially into 2011 and ready to begin the tax work.
I also worked on some picture organization just a little while before I headed to the kitchen to bake cakes for Saturday.
Whew !! I'm ready for bed,it's a funny thing to me that I'm tireder tonight after a day of mental work and dealing with customers and checkout lines and traffic than I am if I stay home and do physically hard work in the yard all day.
The graciousness of our Lord is unmatched.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, We have had very mild weather also... It has been so mild that we opened our windows/doors. This morning it is cloudy and has drizzled a little bit. But--it's already about 57 degrees at 8 a.m. Crazy for February, isn't it???

Love your Christmas ornaments. What a great deal!!!!

After being gone all week, I'm all mixed up in my head ---thinking that yesterday was Monday!!! ha ha ...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy