Friday, February 11, 2011

HISTORY MADE TODAY

Up early this morning to begin another busy Friday. Definitely still feels like winter this morning with temperature about 22.
After a quick breakfast I headed up to church and spent the morning working there.
I got home about 12:30 and as I got out of the van to call for Annie as she didn't meet me like she always does #1 son and g-son pulled up.
G-son stayed with me all afternoon while son worked in his shop on some more wind chimes.
G-son got to help me start the rearranging of my office. He was my gopher ,running to get flashlights,etc. He was so proud to be helping .
He thought chasing dust bunnies in the sun beams was such great fun I had to stop him from creating more dust be beating my furniture moving things together.
We got my desk cleaned off and moved along with all the shelves on it and got almost all the books out of the book case so it can be moved. I also got all my Avon things out of the cabinet they were in and are now boxed waiting to see where I'm going to put them.
Hubbie came in from work and g-son took a play break with his Pawpaw until dad came after him.
Hubbie and I ate a snack supper and headed back to church to finish this weeks work.
When we got back I took a much needed rest off my feet for about an hour while Hubbie gave Bernie a bath as I had given Dolly one last night.
Rest time over I bagged my Avon orders and iced my chocolate and coconut cakes.

Today is an historic day in the future of Egypt as the monarch ruler of the last 30 years Mubarak was forced out of office after 18 days of protest from thousands of citizens.The people have spoken and they want a democratic election with freedom like we have here in America. The military will rule the country until this can be accomplished.
New technology such as twitter was used to gather all these people for days of protest.
I pray that it works out for them and they can be free to elect their leaders and experience the feeling of freedom,but I also pray that along with this freedom that they realize the responsibilities that go along with it.

Another cold night as the temperature at 11:30 is 28.
Boy oh boy !!!!! I just hope this forecast holds and we don't get any nasty surprises !!!!

God is good all the time , all the time God is good.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds like a lot of progress.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Marilyn.. Glad your grandson helped you clean your office.

I just hope and pray that Egypt doesn't turn into another Iran --with the terrorists in charge.. Let's keep praying for them. They want freedom SO desperately.

Hope you have a good day at the market. The weather this coming week looks fabulous...

Hugs,
Betsy