Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DEFINITION OF THE WORD "BOY"













I haven't posted pictures of g-son in a while and he has gotten so tall and slender. I love his hair all grown out, it makes him look smarter and so grown up !!!
I had to let my work go this afternoon and get out in the nice warm, 60 degrees, sunny day with him and spend some time doing whatever he wanted to do. He had a lot of ideas as you can see from the photos.
This morning as I started my day the raindrops and mud lingered around our farm.
After chores I took Bernie and Dolly with me on my walk as I had to stay up here in the driveway to avoid the mud. Dolly enjoying the sunshine.

I finished up the morning with laundry and housework until it was time to pick up g-son.
There were several things that needed doing today but they can wait as I took time to enjoy this beautiful day in the middle of a very dreary weather spell.
I cooked a crockpot full of 7-bean soup mixture plus some of my canned tomato/okra mixture with some frozen New Years Day left over ham and boy was it good this evening for supper.
#2 son who had been at daughter's all day working on her fence came by to bring hubbie's truck back and he ate supper with us. I know it was good soup because son usually doesn't like soup but he went back for a second bowl tonight.
His week off has been anything but like a vacation as he has already been to the dentist on Monday and is going back Thursday and Friday mornings to have some fillings, crowns and maybe a root canal,yuck !!  To give him something else to do this week besides build his sister's fence, the emergency brake cable broke in his jeep today as he parked it in the yard to pick up the truck. 
Daughter should be happy with her fence as he is almost finished with it. He is a very good brother !!
Hubbie and I exercised tonight and then relaxed for the evening.
It is going to be a cold night as it is 38 already at 10:00 and with the clear sky we'll probably drop 10 more degrees before morning.
My plans to get to bed earlier tonight are going into effect tonight as I'm done with my blogging before 11:00 and am headed to bath and bed.
Thanking God for a wonderful day and all the blessings that have filled it.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I'm so impressed how well your family gets along with each other and helps each other. That is rare these days I think. You all are so lucky!!!!

Beautiful day here today also.. The birds were singing like it was spring.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

BETSY, I DO BELIEVE WHEN YOU BRING YOUR CHILDREN UP IN A CHURCH AND THE KIDS ARE ACTIVE IN THE CHURCH YOU HAVE LESS PROBLEMS WITH THEM. THE KIDS TODAY ARE IN THE ME GENERATION. I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL. THEY THINK WE ALL OWN THEM WHATEVER THEY WANT. IT'S NOT WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU IT'S WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR ME. SO WRONG. THANK GOD I BROUGHT MINE UP IN THE CHURCH AND THEY TURNED OUT TO BE SUCCESSFUL.