Monday, January 23, 2012

RAINY REFLECTIVE DAY

Yeah !!! This describes the weather here this morning. As I snoozed in the nice warm bed after #1 son called and said he wasn't working today so he would be taking g-son to school and getting him today.I could hear the rain pounding on the roof and felt like I could have just stayed in bed all day.
I dragged myself up and out in the sloggy ,muddy morning to open the chicken house doors and switch the dogs in the lot. Neither animal or fowl was to happy to be turned out this morning.
After breakfast hubbie and I talked about going to the grocery store but the rain started pouring down again and we decided we would just stay home this morning.
#1 son brought g-son by for lunch so he could go out to the local community college to check on some classes and look for job finding help.
The rainy front passed out of our area about 1:00 so #2 son and hubbie headed over to daughter's to start work on her fence.
G-son and I spent a dreary cold afternoon inside. He carried more toys from his playroom to the living room and played well.
I finished our bedroom cleaning and started in my office. I soon realized to really clean my office I needed to get the picture organization done. So I went through most of the oldest photos and clippings to separate them into years. The 40's, 50's and earlier were my main project today and to my surprise some of the photos in the old albums had dates on the back. Not names or places but at least dates.
 As the evening came the sun actually peeked out and really steamed things up right at sunset after 1" of rainfall from this system.

#1 son came after g-son before chore time and hubbie came home just after dark.
We had a salad supper and then did our nightly exercise routine. I went back to my old photos but didn't get them entirely finished so tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I can get outside for a while tomorrow as it is supposed to be a warm sunny day, maybe the only one this week !!!
As I went through the old pictures today it made me more glad than ever that I decided to do this blog. When I look at the faces of the folks in the photos I wonder what they were like and what their life was like.
At least through this blog the generations to follow will know something about me and what my life was like.
Grateful to God for a nice rainy day to reflect on the early days of my family. And grateful to have the Bible of a grandfather I wasn't fortunate enough to meet but through this Bible know his love for God.
Good Night and God Bless

2 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like you had a reflective day too, we all need a rainy day now and then I guess. :D

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, You are really keeping a great keepsake for your family--in your blog. That is so awesome.

We finally had sun today (Tues). It felt good and the birds were singing like it was spring... BUT--the rains are coming back... Darn!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Hugs,
Betsy