Saturday, January 21, 2012

RAINY SLOW MARKET SATURDAY

At least the rain held off through morning chores and until we got things set up at market and then the skies opened up and it poured for a while. Hubbie waited in the market until it slacked up so he could stop by the feed store for chicken feed and bird seed.
Thankfully it only rained very hard for about 30 minutes or that would have been a sure flood.
Market was very slow as I had expected and I crocheted towel tops on 4 towels while I waited for 2:00 to get there. I'm thankful for what I did sell as a few people came in especially for caramel cakes for birthdays and  a few other things.
I sat up some Valentines decoration and finally remembered to take a Christmas wall hanging down.
After market I headed straight home and hubbie helped me unload before we relaxed on a rainy afternoon.We watched a Duke/ Florida State b-ball game in which FSU won on a last second shot.
The rain stopped just before chore time and when I checked the rain gauge there was about an inch in there. The temperature has been around 50 all day but this evening it is getting cooler fast with the cold front moving through. Rain is supposed to be back tomorrow afternoon after a cold start to the day.

This is an interesting cloud formation.

Hubbie and I were invited to a church staff dinner tonight but decided not to go as I have been feeling so up and down with my stomach the past few days I really didn't feel like going out into a crowd and having a late dinner.
Daughter called and said both her youth basketball teams won their games today. She was going home to fix dinner for her b-friend.
I re-arranged some of my make-up and toiletries on my bathroom shelves tonight. I need to do something different in there but I can't decide what. I need more storage space !!
I did accomplish a lipstick organization which should help greatly. Usually I wind up wearing the same color lipstick because my collection of lipstick colors were all jumbled together and it took to long to find the color I wanted,not to mention the color name is printed so small I can't read it.With the help of a magnifying glass I separated all the colors and used index cards to group the colors. Now I just can't find a place to store them !!
This has been a nice relaxing evening .
God has been so good to me and I am prayerfully grateful each and everyday. May all the Glory be to Him.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, A thunderstorm woke us up at 4 a.m. this morning... The rains quit--except for drizzling ALL day long. AND--we had DENSE fog all day also... Such a dreary day!!! Yuk...

I heard that Fl State beat both Duke and UNC this week. That's very unusual...

Hope you have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy