Monday, January 2, 2012

FROM EARLY MORNING EMERGENCY TO SNOWY EVENING ,YEP THIS IS JANUARY !!

Today started very,very early when the phone rang at 1:30 am. Now I always dread to pick it up, at this time in the morning, no news is good !!! And it wasn't as #1 son was on the other end. His neck that had been hurting earlier and what he thought was a pulled muscle was now a swollen mass, he was having trouble swallowing and in so much pain D-in-love was taking him to the emergency room. They dropped g-son off here on their way.
G-son had gotten fully awake in the blast of cold air and he just wanted it to be morning so he and pawpaw could play his new operation game !
He was also upset I think at his dad having to go to the hospital so he wanted me to put my arms around him and "protect him" so after about an hour of consoling he went back to sleep.
Just about that time the phone rang again and d-in-love said they were still in the process of running test but they thought son had a very infected lympth node in his neck.
Thankful and very tired I finally got back to sleep about 4 am.
When I got up this morning one of my 4-legged kids, Dolly  was limping badly and yelping each time she went up or down a step. My guess is that sometime during the night g-son probably kicked her bad hip. She has been trembling all day in pain even with the doggy asprin I gave her but tonight as I watch her sleep in her little bed beside the computer the trembling has stopped so maybe the pain has eased off.
I spent the day taking down Christmas decorations with the help of g-son who was very sad to see Christmas season end. He wanted to leave the tree up for just one more party !
I let him take off all the ornaments from the tree and put them in their boxes which he really enjoyed.
Now the naked tree adorns my living room once again !
Hubbie went over to daughter's house to replace some insulation that was missing from around her water lines under her house because the cold weather is here.
#1 son and d-in-love came by to pick up g-son and he looked okay but his neck is still swollen from his adams apple all the way around to the back of his neck. I've never seen anyone's neck look like that and he said it wasn't near as bad as it was early this morning. I'm really glad I didn't see that!

Brrrrrr!!!! Winter has arrived in all her glory this evening as the snow is flying and the wind is puffing and at 11:00 it is 19 degrees.
After a moderate snow fall the roads are terrible and there are accidents everywhere this evening.
This is the back yard around 10:00 tonight.


Yes this is the third year in a row that my Christmas decorations have gotten snowed on !!!


About an hour later it looked like this outside,wow, wonder what we'll wake up to ????
 Listening to that waind howl my heart goes out to the animals that must brave these frigid wind chills that are already in the singel digits.
I'm headed for bed early tonight to catch up from last night so hopefully this will be an uneventful night.
I pray that no one gets hurt on the slick roads as they try to get to work in the morning.
Grateful for God's will that son's ailment was not a more serious one  and for the blessing of healing.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sorry about your son's neck... Hope he is better SOON. I've never heard of that.

We have that horribly cold weather also here. We have snow and schools are closed tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the low teens tonight. Brrrrrr... Winter is HERE.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

BOY THAT'S SCARY TO BE WOKE UP IN THE NIGHT WITH THE PHONE RINGING.MY PRAYER FOR YOUR SON WILL BE THAT IT HEAL FAST. GOD IS A GOOD GOD. WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT HIM TO TURN TOO. WE MOVED BACK INTO A HOUSE AFTER LIVING IN A DOUBLEWIDE. BECAUSE OF BAD TIMES THE DOUBLEWIDE HOMES ARE JUST SITTING IN THE SENIOR PARKS HERE. SO HERE WE ARE OWNING TWO PLACES.IT'S IN A SENIOR PARK 55 AND OLDER. AFTER DOWNSIZING FROM A GULF COURSE HOME BACK A FEW YEARS AGO WE ENDED UP THERE IN THE SENIOR PARK, NEVER THINKING ONE DAY THE GREED IN BANKS,BUSINESS, AND THE WORLD WOULD HURT THE SENIORS AS IT HAS THESE PAST FEW YEARS. WITHOUT GOD I DON'T THINK I COULD HANDLE IT WONDERING WHEN WILL IT BE SOLD. WHEN I GET TO THAT POINT I RENEW MY MIND AND KEEP PRAYING THAT GOD WILL SEND THE RIGHT PERSON TO BUY IT. I KNOW IT'S ALL IN HIS TIMING.I WAITED SEVEN YEARS FOR ONE OF MY HOME TO SELL.AT THE TIME I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND PRICED RIGHT. THEN IN MY BUSY LIFE I SAT DOWN AND GAVE IT ALOT OF QUIET THOUGHT. GOD ANSWERED. IT'S IN MY TIMING NOT YOURS.AT THAT TIME WE WERE DRIVING BACK AND FOURTH TO N.Y.TO CARE FOR AN AUNT AND UNCLE. AS SOON AS UNK DIED WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS THE HOUSE SOLD. PRAISE GOD.
WHY AM I GOING ON AND ON JUST BECAUSE WE ALL NEED PRAYER AND THEN REMEMBER TO GIVE HIM ALL THE PRAISE.

I PRAY THAT ALL THE ANIMALS MAKE IT THROUGH THE COLD. WE'RE HAVING A HARD FREEZE HERE TONIGHT FOR MANY HOURS. NOT GOOD FOR THE FARM FOLK. STRAWBERRIES,ORANGES AND FRUIT TREES COULD GO DOWN TONIGHT. THE FARMERS NEED PRAYER.

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA