Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BARN RAISING WEDNESDAY

The first day of summer 2012 is going to be a busy one for us.
Up early to finish chores and breakfast before daughter arrives to begin our barn raising today.

Starting measurements are taken and then we are on our way to putting up the roof rafters.

We headed to lunch with that part of the job completed without any mishaps thankfully.

After lunch it was back to work in the hot 87 degree sunshine,whew !!
Now we had to put on the purlins (I have no idea how to spell that) .
Daughter and hubbie were on the ladders nailing them in place.
They called the measurements down to me and I sawed the boards and handed them up to them.
When this part of the job was finished hubbie and daughter went to pick up the metal for the roof and I came inside to ice 6 caramel cakes to get a jump on tonight.
When they returned daughter left to go home to do her baking and hubbie and I worked for a while getting this nice white metal roofing nailed down.
After #2 son got home from work he came up and helped with the last several sheets of roofing.
And the roof is done right on our hopeful schedule.

Then for me it was chore time before a quick supper. I tackled the weekly paperwork and payed bills while hubbie unloaded and re-loaded the dish washer.
Then I finished icing 6 more caramel , 4 chocolate, 2coconut and got everything wrapped and labeled.
It is 11:30 and I'm calling it a wonderfully successful day again today.
Grateful to God for a safe work day of ladder climbing and work and thanking him for the strength He gives hubbie and I as we accomplish these projects.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Definitely a family affair... Job Well-Done!!!!!!

Don't know how you all can do that --in this HEAT.... Miserable here!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU SURE YOUR NOT AMISH?

GRANNY