Monday, June 25, 2012


Up at 6:45 to get g-son settled in bed. I can never go totally back to sleep after this commotion but at least I get to rest and doze until the alarm sounds at 8 am.
I had finished chores,breakfast and devotions before g-son came stumbling into the sunroom saying how tired he was to sleep so long.
After he had breakfast I went out to walk while he stayed inside to answer the phone.
The chicken condo is full these days.
The bottom Silkie hatched 7 eggs.

And the lady in the top unit has 6 little dibs to keep her occupied.

After I came inside I washed a couple loads of rugs and hung them out to dry before this evening's storms.
This is the last week of the month and time for decoration changes. With Independence day just around the corner, red.white and blue was the order of the day.
New dining room placemats.

 The sunroom table got new dressings also.
 I found these 4 small plates at Goodwill for 25 cents each and thought they would be great for  summer table decoration.

I love using my old pottery pitchers for vases.

Do you like Snoopy? I sure do and this is a lovely red,white and blue set.

I cleaned and swept all the leaves and debris from the last 2 evening's storms off the porches and then g-son came outside wanting me to push him in his swing. And if you've followed my blog long you all know what takes priority around here !! 
I pushed him and we sang made up songs until hubbie got home from work and took over so I could take Dolly to get her a Rabies shot at the vet's office.
There was a sad  scene inside the waiting room as we waited to go back for the shot. A lady and her 2 young daughters were there with a 16 year old cat that was going to have to be put to sleep. They were crying and I tried to comfort them as best as I could by talking with them while we waited. I don't know their names but God does and I pray that they are finding peace with their decision tonight.
I came home from the vet's office,rushed through chores, grabbed a quick sandwich and daughter picked me up for our nutrition class at church.
After the class we went on a 2 mile walk at  a local community center trail. I loved walking and talking with a couple ladies from church.
It was almost 9:00 when we finally got home.
Hubbie had cut me a nice ice cold slice of watermelon to help me cool down when I got home  and it tasted really good.
I had actually gained 1 1/2 lbs tonight in our weigh in so she told me to cut my 250 calorie meals to 200 calories until I started feeling hungry between them.
We had an additional 1/4" of rain overnight  but even after a humid 88 degree day we managed to stay dry this evening.
I am tired tonight,it is almost 11:30 and I'm looking forward to bedtime.
Thanking God for the peaceful day and for the blessing of an awesome church family.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Marilyn, I cannot believe that you have had so much rain lately. We haven't had any in a long time.. Grass is BROWN --and due to the extreme heat we have had---everything is thirsty...

The weather was better today--but that cooler weather is going to be short-lived. We are going to have some horribly hot weather this weekend --almost 100 degrees even here on the Cumberland Plateau.. AND--there's no rain in sight until after the 4th... Almost scary... Hope this heat and drought doesn't last long.

Love your lighthouse plates... Neat! Looks like the chickens are doing well..

The pottery pitcher vase is pretty also...

Hope tomorrow is a good day for you.

Claudia said...

I enjoyed the walk last night too, do you know how big is the whole trail? I did it once and a half :) I believe you walked harder than me.

I didn't do too good on my healthy eating today but ... oh well, tomorrow is another day, thank goodness!