Friday, June 8, 2012

GRADING FOR NEW BARN STARTS

Another busy day on tap from the start this morning.
After chores and a short walk I got started with my baking, I put 4 pound cakes and 2 wine cakes in the ovens and then started caramel icing. I iced 12 regular caramels and this tiered special birthday cake.
After all that icing  it was lunch time.
After lunch I moved the little kindergarten chick outside into a pen all to itself but inside the Silkie lot so he will get used to the other chickens.
I refilled all the birdfeeders and then pulled weeds from the garden to give the chickens a green snack,which they really enjoyed.
It is a sunny day with temperatures in the upper 70's this afternoon.
I spent the remainder of the afternoon working downstairs moving things around to make room for some of #2 son's things he is going to start bringing up to store until he finds a house.
When #1 son got home from work he hopped on this machine that hubbie rented for tomorrow and had delivered today and went to work on our barn location.
This is a smaller machine than we actually need but the larger one was already rented until next weekend.
This is a before pic of the area where the barn will go.
It is on the side of a hill and is all grown up with bushes and briars.
He worked for about 2 hours before supper time.

After chores I iced 6 more caramel cakes and 3 chocolates ,then wrapped everything and boxed my orders.
Tonight was graduation night at all of our county high schools.
As I was looking through the newspaper pics of the school my nephew was graduating from I saw this photo of him and his friends before they graduated.
He is on the far right without a cap.
While I went through decade pics last week I found this photo of him sitting at curb market with me in June of 2002.
My how time has flown , congratulations Mark !!

Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of today and praying for all these graduates tonight that they stay safe on this night of celebration.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

They grow so quickly!