Saturday, June 2, 2012

OLD TIMEY DAY 2012 THAT I MISSED

Well, I am actually writing this Saturday post on Sunday morning while everyone else is at church and back dating it .
On Friday afternoon I didn't feel well at all but attributed it to not eating very much during the day, but I was wrong !  I realized this Saturday morning around 7am when I woke up very nauseous. Please Lord not today I prayed as I got dressed hoping it would go away.
Today is spring Old Timey Day at market, hubbie has a meat cutter in the trunk of his car for them to chop BBQ for lunch with and daughter is at a bachelorette party in Winston Salem of a friend of hers.
But as I fed my chickens almost doubled over with stomach pain I knew I wasn't going anywhere.
So hubbie took the van and all my cakes and headed out to market, we can't afford not to sell today as it is one of our best selling days of the year. #1 son came by a little later and took the meat cutter to market for them to use for the BBQ. Thankful for kids who are willing to do whatever is needed to help.
About 11am I felt like I could try to make it there for a little while to give hubbie a much needed break. I stayed for about an hour and a half  before another wave of nausea hit me and I headed back home and back to the couch for the remainder of the day.
Funny thing about this sickness I never threw up or anything else but just had a very sick feeling all over and couldn't bear to put anything accept a few sips of ice cold sprite in my mouth. As some of my joints began to ache later in the day I began to feel around for maybe a tick in fear of Rocky Mt. Fever. I did have chills and alternate sweats but didn't really feel like I had a fever.
After spending the afternoon on the couch I went to bed at 10pm and gratefully slept all night.

 This is some photo's of Old Timey Day , a couple I managed to take on my short stay there and the others from the local news paper.
This was after I got there after 11am,the stoves were turned off and the BBQ was being chopped for lunch.

I took this inside as the crowds here had subsided also.

This was the line for biscuits earlier in the day.

A friend Debra cooks on the old wood stove.

The "Pickin and Poundin" band was back to provide entertainment for the day.

I miss all the hustle and bustle of this day but hubbie did a good a job and sold all our cakes and breads so that is what matters.
It's only 4 months until we do it again.
It was funny to see people in jackets and flannel shirts today as usually this is a hot day but the temperature today got only to 70 with a breeze so it felt more like fall than spring.
So thankful that I feel better this morning. Praising God at home today while I gingerly try to get something back into my stomach.


1 comment:

Sonny G said...

I sure wish I had known about old timey day I would have gotten a group together and headed that way..
Looks like ya'll had a great time- well except for you who was sick- so sorry you couldnt enjoy it as you wanted too..

I found you on Barb's blog and came over to visit..

your newest follower
Sonny ~ 155 Dream Lane