Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 2012

Got up late this morning,guess my body decided to get some extra rest without my permission !!
Made it to church on time and had a nice Father's Day service.
Everyone made it to lunch today and then we spent the afternoon moving more things from #2 son's and then move a futon from daughter's so that #1 son's bed will fit into her 3rd bedroom.
After chores and a quick supper hubbie and I gave Bernie a much needed grooming tonight to top off a busy Sunday.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you great fathers out there.
I did take time tonight to reflect on my own father and how hard he worked to make a living for us as my 2 brothers and I grew up. He was a farmer and had a love for the land he farmed.
Here is a picture of him and us 3 kids in winter of 1961.
My dad passed away on July 8, 1981 , I still miss him everyday !

Another dad in my life is my hard working husband who has been a shining example for our 3 kids.
Here he is surrounded with his family in the summer of 2004.

Another dad in our family is my #1 son who is thankfully getting his life back on track after a tragic accident 2 years ago that took his business and sent him into an almost 2 year unemployed recovery period. Thankfully he got a job this spring and is happily working again.
Here he is with his family  in 2007.

And last but really first  is my thankfulness for my Heavenly Father who blessed me with this family that I have and I am forever grateful for His Love and blessings each day.


Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great Father's Day blog post, Marilyn. I posted a picture of my Dad and me when I was very young... Daddy was my world --and even though he died in 1969, I still miss him terribly...

Sounds like you all had a good --but busy--day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

A wonderful tribute to all the fathers in your life past and present.