Wednesday, June 6, 2012

HOW MY GARDEN GROWS

Another cool refreshing morning,I am going to be spoiled when the summer heat comes back.
As I listened to the singing birds while I stretched and lazily got up to head outside to do the morning chores I felt like a very blessed lady.
D-in-love called while I was doing chores and said she wasn't coming for about an hour so I decided to go on my morning walk before breakfast. It is very cloudy this morning but the air feels dry and cool.
The garden is looking good with the rain we have had lately.

In this pic you can see the 2 successive bean plantings climbing up the orange fabric.
As I walked past my beds I snapped this picture of the chicken plant holder I bought at the garden jubilee a couple weeks ago and I found this caladium at K-Mart Monday on sale for a couple bucks and thought it would look good in the holder.
I also found these trailing petunias for this pot.

I finished breakfast and my Bible reading before g-son arrived.
After I fixed him his breakfast I started baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel,2chocolate,2 coconut,3 pound and 1 wine cake all before lunch.
Outside it has misted rain a couple times and still looks like rain any minute.
We decided to stay inside and play with his errector set that has a gazillion pieces. He makes all kinds of abstract structures with the little pieces and has them scattered all over the living room !
His mom came after him about 3:00 and then it was time to pick up all those little pieces.
The broom and dustpan came in really handy and saved me from doing more stooping and bending.
I cleaned the floors this afternoon before hubbie came in from work.
He went out to do a little more brush cutting and I did weekly paperwork and my month ending figures for May look much better than the past several months.
After chores I iced my cakes and I'm blogging while listening to the early news so I can keep up the early bedtime. I have more energy when I get up earlier I have noticed this week.
I am faithfully grateful for all my wonderful blessings of today.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Your garden looks fabulous. I know you will enjoy all of those fresh veggies soon.

We've had a gorgeous couple of days---mild and almost cool at nights... LOVE it...

Have a wonderful Thursday.
Hugs,
Betsy