Monday, July 9, 2012

GREEN BEAN PICKING AND BREAKING

G-son arrived before 7am today but slept until almost 8:30. He ate his breakfast while I did chores,he didn't want to go outside this morning.
Our garden is still green and producing even with no rain for the last week.
While the temperatures were in the  low 80's I picked green beans. I didn't realize how many were on the vines until I almost filled 2  1/2 bushel baskets.
So after I came inside and baked and iced 6 caramel cakes for an order this afternoon I spent the afternoon breaking beans. I was hoping to get them canned today but with numerous phone interuptions,an Avon pick-up and getting g-son food and drink several times today the canning will have to wait until tomorrow.
Some of our beans have "nail head rust" spots on them so I have to pay close attention to what I'm breaking and toss them out.
When they were all broken I have 3 large metal bowls full.
Hubbie came in from work and took g-son to his karate lesson. I did chores early and daughter picked me up to go to our nutrition class at church. I have already lost several inches and a couple pounds so I'm happy that it seems to be working.
We did a more strenuous exercise routine tonight and my stomach is already getting sore.
Hubbie had to deal with 2 people looking at his car tonight but neither would commit to buy it.
My nerves have seemed frazzled all day today for some reason and all that bean breaking has my back hurting tonight so I'm off to bed early.
We got no rain today although it stayed cloudy and storms passed close, the temperature reached 87 today which is a bit cooler than the past several weeks but the humidity is very high so it still feels uncomfortably hot out there.
Thanking God for my church family tonight who I can laugh and have fun with and for all the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

NCmountainwoman said...

The beans look great. I know you will enjoy them this winter. The rain has been very spotty. We have had nice showers almost every afternoon and other parts of the county got none. Hope your turn comes soon.