Tuesday, July 24, 2012

VBS DAY 3

Before 7am g-son arrived and we went back to bed and both of us got another hour of sleep,well he got an hour and a half more actually !
As I did chores this morning a cool,dry breeze was blowing making if feel so nice outside. I came in and we ate breakfast and I did my exercises and then went back outside to walk. The cool breeze was gone and the air was moisture laden and hot.
I hung out towels and bathroom rugs early in hopes they would dry before the storms rolled in this afternoon. I finished the morning out doing and putting away laundry.
After lunch I did housework while g-son worked some mazes in a new book I found for him.
He followed me around asking if this was the right way and most of the time he was right.
The clouds held off until almost 3:00 so the towels and rugs had plenty of time to dry in the solar dryer !!
The rain and storms went to the east of our area today and I didn't even hear any thunder.
I am trying to work at least 30 minutes of sewing time into my schedule on at least some days. Today I made 3 more baby bonnets in the 30 minutes I  worked.
After #1 son came after g-son I went outside to water my plants that were under the porches,then did chores early so I could get ready for VBS.
Hubbie is staying home tonight and mowing the lawn since this is the first day this week that it isn't wet from an earlier rain.
Here is daughter and d-in-love with their class of rising 2nd graders.
I was watching some of these kids eat the spaghetti that was served for supper tonight and some of them ate 2 and 3 plates of it and salad. Guess I have forgotten how much growing boys at that age eat.
Of course this growing boy is eating better than he used to.Even if he did ask for his noodles to have only parmesan cheese on them.


He is really having a ball in Bible School this year. Here is his class at recreation.
His is the largest class at VBS this year as it has been for the last several years.
I didn't stay long tonight as hubbie and I need to go to Sam's Club for some groceries.
He was just finishing the mowing when I got here and we had about 30 minutes before Sam's closed.
We made it and checked out with 8 minutes to spare !!
Back home and unloaded we were both pretty pooped. Hubbie went to bed early and I am folowing shortly.
Thanking God for the blessings of the day and praying for all the children at Bible School as they get to know Him and His great love for each of them.
Good Night and God Bless.




 


1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, No rain here today --and it was HOT.... Think we may get some rain on Friday.. If not, we'll be watering the flowers/yard again...

Glad VBS is going so well.. Kids have such a great time during these special weeks...

Have a nice Wednesday.
Hugs,
Betsy