Monday, July 2, 2012


Up early as g-son arrived sleepy headed at 6:45 today. He slept until almost 9 and then ate a huge breakfast. I think he is going through a growth spurt right now.
There was a blessed 3/4" of rain in the gauge this morning from the thunder and lightening storm that kept me awake for quite a while in the pre dawn hours today.
With that Heaven sent drink the garden sprang to life and I picked this bounty from it this morning as I finished my walk. We had fresh green beans for lunch and I will take some cucumbers and squash to the church class tonight for the ones who don't grow a garden.

My St. Johns wart burst into bloom overnight. I have never really found a use for this and I have plenty of it as it spreads quickly.

Here are a couple pictures of the finished pole barn we built.

The only damage I saw here from the early morning storms was a bunch of limbs laying around and this section of corn that blew over again after it straightened itself from the last wind storm.

After lunch daughter came by announcing her decision on the job she had been offered.
She is taking a job at another elementary school in the county.
The job she has currently was only a 10 month job,the job at the new school is a 12 month job and is a level higher than she currently is so it will be a significant raise in pay for her although she will have extra duties.
She is a very loyal person so she was having a hard time with the decision because of her loyalty to the principle she works for now but she can't turn down the extra money with house payments that have to be made.
Life is a constant state of change and sometimes if you don't grab on to those changes you seem to get lost in the shuffle. I'm glad she decided to make the change and I think she will be also once she gets started.
The temperature is staying down a bit today,at 3:30 it is 88 degrees so maybe the severe storms won't come this evening although the humidity level is high.
#1 son came to take g-son to karate lessons this evening and I did chores early to get ready for my nutrition class at church.
We worked with weights tonight on our arms,I bet I'll be sore tomorrow even though I do some weight lifting on my own each day.
My weight is staying the same but my muscle mass percentage is steadily climbing each week.
This has been a nice day with a break from the extreme heat which is predicted to return tomorrow with the storms.
I am headed for bed early tonight to catch up from last night's storm watch.
Thanking God for the blessings He sent my way today and for His guidance in daughter's decision.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy from Tennessee said...

Guess what? Can you see me doing the Happy Dance? We got some rain tonight... Not sure how much, but it was great... AND--it's cooler outside... YEAH....

Congrats to your daughter.. That is so neat!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great day.

linda m said...

I am so glad that some people are getting rain. My daughter-in-law in GA said they received a little, but here in WI we are still very hot, humid and bone dry. Congrats to your daughter on her new job.