Tuesday, December 11, 2012

COLD, BUSY TUESDAY AND A SANTA VISIT FROM 1972

Winter has made a return to these mountains today with temperatures starting off in the 40's and dropping throughout the day. This afternoon when I picked g-son up from school the wind had started blowing and it really felt raw outside.
I spent the entire day inside, first icing the 6 caramel cakes for the order. I was supposed to deliver them at 11:00 but as I was just finishing up my morning exercise she called and was ready for them at 10:30. Thankfully I did the icing first thing this morning and already had them boxed and ready to go.
I stopped by Ingles for gas and a couple things to make more caramel cakes tomorrow  on my way home.
The rest of the day I spent doing laundry and housework. By the time it was time to pick g-son up I had everything done except the floors.
When we got home he was hungry and so was I so we had our mid afternoon meal as we watched cartoons.
His mom called and said for him to make a list for Santa because she was taking him to see him tonight. He wouldn't have anything to do with that, saying he was "too old" to sit in Santa's lap. Maybe an interesting evening  !!!
After his dad picked him up I did chores and ate supper.
While I listened to daughter's team play basketball on the radio I finished November paperwork and the final figures were pretty good so I am very thankful.
 In another catch-up task I searched for December decade photos tonight.
That's two things I can mark off my "to do" list for this week. Hopefully tomorrow when I finish the cleaning I can make pics of all my decorations.
The decade pics were scarce in the early years. I found nothing before 1972 and only this one photo of my cousin in Michigan's  two boys visiting Santa. I think this is a pretty scary looking Santa if you ask me !!

I also ran across this candy cane description I thought was very meaningful.


JESUS  IS  THE  REASON  FOR  THE  SEASON !!!
Good Night and God Bless

2 comments:

linda m said...

Yes He is! God bless.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Cute picture of the kids with Santa. I found one of my two younger boys with Santa.. Don't have many!!!

We are enjoying the beach in beautiful Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina. I will think (or thought) of you today at 12 minutes and 12 seconds after 12 noon on 12/12/11.... Unbelievable.

Hugs,
Betsy