Wednesday, December 26, 2012

NEAR FLOODING AND 2002 MEMORIES

Spent a restless night listening to the pouring rain and wondering how high the creek was getting in the lower pasture where the renter's cattle are.
This morning I was relieved to see the creek licking the bank top but still in it's banks,thankfully.
There was a lot of water standing in the pasture and the farm pond is overfull.
The light rain continued all day and hubbie and I hibernated resting all day inside and doing absolutely nothing but chores when we needed to. For me a much needed day of peaceful rest,snuggling with my 4-legged kids and dozing.
This evening the clouds finally broke up and the rain stopped after dropping 2.5 inches.
I love the sunbeam on my nativity figures this  evening.
This is a good day to finish up the December decade pictures. In 2002 daughter competed in a Junior Miss pageant in Atlanta,Ga. It was a great experience for her.
Here she is receiving her crown.
And here is the beautiful contestant after the pageant was over.

With all the kids almost grown Christmas took on a more relaxed atmosphere. We still met on Christmas eve with hubbie's family but now at my house instead of his parents.

With all adults the excitement of Christmas was minimal.
This was our tree that year.

No one was up at the crack of dawn to see what presents were under the tree for them.
Gifts were still appreciated by all the kids and hubbie and I.


With hubbie's grandmother and my mother passed away we rotated hosting  my side of the families get together on Christmas day evening,this year it was my turn.
All the cousins from my side of the family.
Alot has changed over the last 10 years on this side of the family and we no longer spend any time together at Christmas. These cousin's are mostly all grown up and some of them I haven't seen in quite awhile.
The weather has turned nasty again this evening with the temperature dropping quickly and the winds are really whipping out there.
It is supposed to snow just to the north of us overnight,guess we'll see if mother nature knows where the county lines are ???
The smoke from the chimney looks inviting and we have been enjoying the warm fire this evening as the chill factor drops with the colder temps and the high winds.

I spent some time tonight on weekly paperwork and bill paying getting back into my regular routine. With market now closed on Thursdays it makes it much easier on Wednesday night.
Grateful to God tonight for keeping the flooding to a minimum and for His glorious protective arms.
Good Night and God Bless.





2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Looks like you all had a great Christmas... Glad you didn't have severe flooding. We had rain-rain-rain here --and it turned to snow today. However, we don't have much --maybe a trace or a little more.... AND--it's gotten very very cold.... Brrrrrr.

Have a good Thursday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday,

We got the snow here. Seven to eight inches and I fear it is hanging on for another.

Snow is too early, hope this does not bode a rough winter.