Sunday, December 30, 2012

NURSERY DUTY SUNDAY AND SPECIAL LUNCH GUEST

Brrrr, A very cold morning in the low 20's.
I hurried through chores and got ready for church. Hubbie and I have our quarterly nursery duty day today. When I got there the kids were all well behaved and there was less of them than usual as some families are traveling over the holidays still.
We had an extra helper when one of the grandmothers who brought her granddaughter in begged her to stay with her.
We had an uneventful morning.
When we got home daughter informed us that her "little sister" who is in college in Greensboro now and her boyfriend who is home on leave from the army were coming to have lunch with us.
Luckily we were having spaghetti and there was plenty. We enjoyed talking with Ben who has just finished boot camp training. He and Kate make a really nice couple. This young lady is so precious  and works so hard to escape the life she has been brought up in. I'm so proud of her. She announced today that she made the Chancellor's list in her first semester of college.
When daughter first was assigned as Kate's "big sister" she and her mother were living at the Mainstay shelter here in town and she was a freshmen in high school. Over her high school years she moved from place to place with her mother until finally she left her mother and moved in with her grandmother to stay while she finished her senior year and got into college. She choose the University of Greensboro and seems to be very happy there. God has blessed her !
After everyone left this evening hubbie and I spent a relaxing Sunday just resting.
While G-son was here he turned the Christmas tree light s on. After it got dark I tried to take a glowing tree photo but it still didn't come out well.
The last tree photo of the year !!
I haven't shared the photo cards of family that I always love this year so tonight is a good time to do that. This is #1 son's family's card.




And this is my newest nephew's family's card.




I have spent time this evening working on a year ending recoup blog post which will be an extra post tomorrow. I have tried to do monthly recoups but somehow never seem to have time. I have been working on this one for several days and one of my resolutions for 2013 is to do a monthly recoup for each month.
The last Sunday in 2012 has been a very good one with the love of God in my heart and the warmth of  a special family to surround me life is definitely good !!
Good Night and God Bless.


2 comments:

linda m said...

I am very happy for your daughter's "little sis". What a wonderful thing your daughter is doing. God Bless you and your Family. Happy New Year.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!!!