Saturday, December 29, 2012

COLD SLOW MARKET DAY

As the alarm sounded early this morning,I almost rolled over and cut it off as I have been able to do the past several days but thankfully I remembered this was market day.
There is some icy slush on the cars but nothing on the grass but water and the sun is already shining brightly this morning as if defying the weather forecast.
On the way to market the roads were empty of cars and market was pretty much the same way. We had a few customers and the orders got picked up so it was a fair day.
Daughter came in after her ball practice and then walked up the street to a resale shop to keep from getting bored.
After market I picked up New Years day dinner supplies and headed home. The wind is picking up and making the mid 30's temps feel like mid 20's. I just had to stop by Bath and Body Works to pick up a few body lotions while they are having their bi-annual sale. I like their lotions ,the nice scents stay longer and the lotion is a great moisturizer. I have to get in and out of the store quickly because all those mingled scents tend to trigger my migraine headaches. While I was in the mall I walked through Belks again to take a second look at a couple sweaters I saw Thursday and was surprised to see the price reduced even more today. I bought 3 regularly $40 sweaters for $9.99 each !
At home hubbie helped me unload and then he went back to his wood cutting while I had my mid afternoon meal and started chores.
It is still in the 30's and the wind is really starting to blow harder this evening making it very cold outside.
This is the winter weather map for tonight, like I have said before I hope mother nature knows where those county lines are.
Word on the news is it is already snowing in parts of Henderson county,but we don't have any in our yard yet ! Although the 29 degree temp at 11:00 is perfect snowfall temperature.
Tonight was a good snuggle night with my 4-legged kids.
Only two more days in this year, it has been a good year for all my family. As I shopped for my pork,collard greens and blackeyed peas to make up my traditional New Years day dinner I thanked the Lord for all the blessings He has bestowed on each of us this year.

Good Night and God Bless.


2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I love that 7 Rules of Life. I have it on my blog sidebar....

We had snow and COLD temps and clouds ALL day long. However, we never did get much accumulation here (maybe 1/2 an inch at most)... It is going down to about 19 tonight... Brrrrrrr...

Be careful if you have to get out and about tomorrow. Hope you sold all of your cakes....

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Glad you sold some things at Market. Very cold and snowing here in WI. Love the 7 Rules of Life. Blessings to you.