Tuesday, December 4, 2012


After g-son was at school I jumped into my busy catch-up day with gusto as I am finally feeling almost normal again. My nose is still stuffy and my ears feel clogged with all the mess still in my head but I'm feeling more energetic.
After chores and breakfast I exercised for 30 minutes and then walked out in another nice warm, sunny day .It felt strange to be outside in my shirt sleeves in December.
Back inside and almost 30 minutes ahead of what I thought I'd be, I started laundry and housework. Splitting the house work into 3 different days is not working out well with me so I'm going back to spending all day Tuesday doing laundry and housework. Today I changed out all my rugs for Christmas ones and even did a couple extra task I've been putting off and I still had everything finished by 2:45. Perfect timing just in time to go pick up g-son.
He was excited to get home because we decided this morning we would decorate the tree today.
He was a great helper and we got the tree all decorated by the time his dad came after him.
We even had time to watch this little sneaky guy at the feeders just outside the window.

G-son wanted to catch him for a pet !!!!   I convinced him that was not a good idea !!!
These little buggers are cute but I wish they would find another dining table besides my bird feeders. Although this one was being very careful and I didn't see any seed spilling out of the feeder. He would reach down and get some seeds in his paw and them eat them sitting on top. He seemed to know we were watching him but continued his snack.

After chores and supper I listened to daughter's team's game on the local radio station while I baked 6 caramel,2 coconut and 2 pound cakes. Her team won big so she will be happy I'm sure.

As I talked with #1 son this afternoon and got an update on one of his co-workers families accident yesterday I will ask for prayers for this family.
This accident happen yesterday just after noon and involved this man's wife and 6 month old son.
She was driving the black SUV in the photo when the white truck drove into her lane and hit her head-on.

Badly injuring her and her 6 month old baby,they were flown to Mission Hospital and are both in critical condition. Especially the baby who is not doing well at all with many broken bones and maybe a brain injury. The couple has 2 other children who were not involved in the accident,a 3 and 6 year old. I am so saddened for this family and prayerfully request any prayers that might be lifted in their behalf.  The father works with #1 son and they are making every effort to help in any way they can and will be reaching out to the community for support.
No information as to why the truck crossed into on-coming traffic have been made public at this time. The driver of the truck was also hurt,but not critically,he also had 2 dogs in the truck that had minor injuries.
Lifting this family up  to God tonight ,asking for His comfort and healing in the coming days.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy Adams said...

Oh Marilyn, SO sad about that accident. I'll keep the family in my prayers.

Your tree is gorgeous... I'm sure that your grandson loved decorating it....

Crazy squirrels... They are so acrobatic...

Not much rain here tonight. It fizzled out AGAIN... We just haven't gotten much rain at all recently...

linda m said...

So sorry to hear about the accident. I will keep the family in my prayers. Your tree is very pretty. God's blessings.

Gail said...

You are way ahead of me...on every thing. I want the name of your vitamins.

I will be sending prayers for the injured.