Wednesday, April 9, 2014

BUSY WEDNESDAY

And there he goes, proudly carrying that Easter basket filled with candy stuffed plastic eggs.  He was in a fantastic mood this morning just thinking about that Easter egg hunt coming up on Friday.
I had a routine morning then baked 2 pound cakes and a blackberry wine cake.  I always laugh at how sometimes things  just don't go as planned for me.  I had on my list today to make an almond pound cake but just before I put in the almond flavoring I remembered I didn't have any sliced almonds.  So as I looked though my flavorings a coconut pound cake was born  !!

After lunch I had a busy afternoon planned that started with vacuuming  and mopping all the floors. I bagged my Avon orders, printed some cake labels on the computer and packaged an Avon order up to ship to Florida.
After I picked up g-son and got him settled in with food and some legos I went back to my office and did weekly paperwork. I needed to pay quarterly taxes so I had to stop and do the month ending figures for March.  I knew there was something I was forgetting to do last week !!
#1 son came after g-son and they left to get ready for church tonight.
Hubbie came in from work and did some painting on some crafts he is making. I took a nice break out in the sunroom with my 4-legged kids. 
After chores I washed all my eggs for sale and wrapped my cakes before Survivor came on TV.  I got aggravated tonight at the show as it was plainly scripted.  Maybe the warm weather will hurry up and I can spend my evenings outside watching the sunset, that is never scripted !!!   And I never get tired of seeing the beauty of the colors in the sky as the sun drops behind the mountains.
The high today was 60 degrees but with the wind still steadily blowing at speeds near 20mph it was a cool day even with the sunshine.
Tonight the 35 degrees is going to hurt all the outside new growth.
Well the excitement for the day just occured at almost 11:00 tonight as a couple guys came searching for their two coon hounds that got away from them about a mile up the creek.  They knocked on our door asking permission to get in the pasture and try to catch one of them.  They have successfully got all the dogs in the neighborhood in a barking frenzy and now have everyone awake I'm sure.  He had a tracking device but that does no good if you can't catch the dog. We told him watch out for  the bull and the electric fence if he did get in our pasture and he shivered so I'm not sure what is going on from there but Aaron and #1 son are both out with them down at the road now.
It sounds like the hound has a raccoon treed over on the creek bank so maybe they can catch him there.
Thankful for all my undeserved blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.


No comments: