Wednesday, April 2, 2014

GETTING READY FOR THE FIRST THURSDAY MARKET DAY OF THE YEAR

At last a warm sunny early morning !!  As we drove to school the sun was in our eyes and g-son said he needed sunglasses so he could help me see where we were going !!!  Me thinks he might not trust his ole g-ma to get him were he needs to go ??!!!
I was expecting Evy this morning but her mom wasn't needed at the hospital last night so I was alone today.
After chores and breakfast I put an Avon order online. This is the first order I've had in quite awhile as my business still is very slow.
I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon in the kitchen baking cakes.  I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate,4 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes before having a late lunch.
Rebekah came over to use my internet since hers has been out since the high winds of the weekend blew the line off the pole that runs to her house and #1 son's house. They were supposed to have fixed it yesterday but were no shows!
I got a chance to play with Evy for awhile and she is always a sweetie.
After they left I dusted the house and then had a few minutes for some nice vitamin D before picking up g-son.
He said he had a good day, but seemed tired. After he ate I asked if he wanted to go outside in the nice warm weather but he said he would just rest for a while before church.  I did weekly paperwork and figured bills until his dad came after him.
I did chores and then pushed little Evy around in the stroller while her mom planted some more in the garden. She loves looking at the chickens in their pens.
Hubbie and I took a short rest break watching the sunset in the outside patio then went inside to watch Survivor on TV.
He went to bed after the show and I went to the kitchen to ice my cakes and wash my eggs to get ready for market.
As I was going through the daily mail I found my statement from what used to be a locally owned bank that I had a checking account at. They were recently bought out by First Citizen bank and their rules are just now kicking in.  On the statement they deducted a $10 maintenance charge for the last month. Who can afford that ?????   And it's not like we dont' have any other business with First Citizens !!!   Needless to say that is an extra errand for tomorrow after market.
I always have a hard time getting back into the routine of two market days a week.  A late night tonight will make that alarm seems much earlier in the morning.
Giving God all the credit for the strength He gives me each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: