Friday, April 18, 2014

CRUCIFIXION FRIDAY

Today is "THE"  day, crucifixion Friday !! After being betrayed,arrested,deserted,found guilty at a false trial,denied by one who was very close to him,condemned, beat, mocked, made to carry his own heavy cross Jesus was crucified.    Makes me feel very guilty of ever complaining of having a bad day !!??
Forever grateful to God for giving his only Son to die on that cross for mine and all of mankind's sins.

Hubbie is off again today to accompany me to Asheville to our doctor's office to have my blood drawn for my upcoming physical.
I sat my alarm for 7:30 to get up, get the chores done and get over to the office early because I couldn't eat anything before the blood draw.  I heard hubbie call my name and woke to complete darkness. I looked at my alarm clock and it said 6:35 !!!  Hubbie's clock was wrong,grrrr !!!
I never did go back to sleep so I actually got to the lab earlier than expected.
We made a couple other stops on the way home after having breakfast at MacDonalds.  We picked up some of my wassail mix at Biltmore estate and chicken feed at Southern States.  The wind is still blowing on this cloudy morning making it feel cold and damp outside.
I took a quick look around the yard at the damage to my plants from the freezing temperatures.  This blooming Azalea has some damage to the upper blooms.
My coverings seemed to have saved any damage to the tender garden plants. They even seemed to have grown while under the covers !
I didn't see anything other blooms except this Dogwood tree in front of the house.
#1 son who is off also today was loading up scarp metal that has been collected and hauling it to the metal buyer to clean up the area around the shop.  Hubbie was helping him so I came inside to have a quick lunch before getting started on my baking.  I baked 6 caramel, 4 chocolate, 2 coconut, 7 pound cakes and 1 blackberry wine, finishing around 5:00. 
Hubbie got the lawn mowed before the rain started this afternoon. 
I got soaked by the cold rain doing the evening chores.
With us both chilled ,hubbie built a fire in our upstairs wood stove tonight. The heat felt so good on this cold damp night.  The temperature is only in the low 40's but it feels much colder.
I iced all the cakes and got eggs ready for sale tonight.
I thought I would get a much needed early bedtime tonight but that didn't happen as it was after midnight before I turned my light off,whew !!!
Grateful to God for the strength He gives me and praying for good results from my bloodwork.
Good Night and God Bless.




No comments: