Monday, April 7, 2014

RAINY MONDAY

Wow, a really rainy night left 2 1/4 inches of rain in the gauge and the creek licking the tops of its banks this morning.
Hubbie took g-son to school while I sloshed through feeding chores.
He stopped on the way home for a haircut.
After we had breakfast we went to Belk's to look for him some khaki pants but came home empty handed. Well almost empty handed as I did find a nice Easter surprise for my secret sister at church.
We went by Tractor Supply for a fitting he needed to fix an air tank and some chick feed since I have another brood of 5 little orpington chicks hatched from the eggs out of the Blue Orpinton rooster just before I sold him. She still has three eggs that haven't hatched. I had to move them into one side of the big lighted chick box to help them stay warm on these cool day and nights that we are having this week. I have another hen hatch that is due mid week but I am hoping they wait at least until Thursday to break out of their shells.
After lunch hubbie watched a race and I caught up on some reading.  I am desperately wanting to take a nap on this cold dreary day but I know I won't sleep tonight if I do.
The rain has passed through our area thankfully without a flood.
That wasn't the case for many of our neighbors to the south and east of us as the hard downpours caused flash floods and tornados. This is a tornado in Beaufort county N.C. that left several folks injured this morning.

The high temperature all day has been 48 degrees and now they are saying the higher elevations will get some wet snow tonight.
After I picked up g-son I worked on the computer for a while, still looking for something to do to keep me from taking that nap.
After #1 son picked him up hubbie and I watched the early news then did chores early as the fog is pea soup thick already and darkness will come earlier.
After a light supper I snuggled with my 4-legged kids on the couch to end this boring rainy, dreary day.
God has been so good to me that I am always in awe of His graciousness.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: