Friday, March 25, 2016

A PAINFUL GOOD FRIDAY

Uhhhh !!!  My sciatic nerve is inflamed once again or maybe still inflamed from the last time I did something I shouldn't have and each time I think it is all better I do something else that agravates it and the pain returns. I suppose when I carried g-daughter in the hip carrier yesterday when we shopped in the Dollar store on that same hip it made the nerve scream out in pain again.
I had to get the heating pad out last night to get enough relief to get to sleep.
After g-daughter arrived this morning I tried to lay back down for a few minutes with the heat on it again but that wasn't in her plans as she did not want to go back to sleep.
Daughter came in about 7:30 with her baked goods on her way to work.
I did chores and had breakfast while g-daughter whined but played . Her teeth must be bothering her today as she is constantly slobbering and biting everything she can get her hands on.
I made my sewing project for the day while she watched. This is the last little girls jean apron that was left in the stack of jean apron cut outs from last summer.
After the sewing I gave g-daughter her morning bottle and she took about a 15 minute nap then was back up to sit in the high chair and watch me bake.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 3 pound and a butter pecan snack cake. While the last cakes were in the oven I made some chocolate fudge.
After a late lunch g-daughter took another 15 minute nap before we headed outside to walk with her in the big stroller to hopefully go to sleep.
I noticed this little orange Tulip blooming in a spot that used to have several different colored tulips.
G-daughter went to sleep after about the third trip around the circle of the drive and I parked her in the shade and settled down for a rest but Annie had different ideas and started barking at a mysterious intruder and woke g-daughter up screaming.
I brought her in the house and put her in her swing and she settled down and went to sleep finally. I lay on the bed with the heating pad on my aching back until d-in-love came after g-daughter.
G-son wanted to stay here while d-in-love and her mom went shopping so I fixed him some mac and cheese and bacon for an after school snack.
As I did chores this evening I took this picture of the peaceful scenic spring evening.
The temperature today was 66 degrees and the clouds battled the sun all day but finally gave in to the sun this evening.
I got the heating pad back out while I watched the news and some of the first NCAA sweet 16 tournament game between Virginia and Iowa which Virginia won. UNC is playing later and they play Indiana to get to the elite eight. The game doesn't start until 10:00 so I probably won't see the end of it before bedtime.
I finally got relief enough to get my cake icing done tonight.
I don't want to complain about my day on this Good Friday as my day could never touch the Friday Jesus Christ had as He was tortured and nailed to the cross.

But because of His great love we can look forward to spending eternity with Him.
Thankful for the love of Jesus Christ and that He gave His life  to save a wretch like me.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: