Friday, March 18, 2016

BUSY FRIDAY

As I got g-daughter a bottle and got her settled into her swing for her morning nap I noticed how light it is outside now at 7am even after just one week of daylight savings time. I wish my "time change jetlag" would hurry up and pass also.
While g-daughter snoozed I did the chores and had breakfast before finishing these 6 seat cushions. I hate closing these as they are stuffed so tightly it is hard to sew in a straight line but I pinned them and made it a little easier.
G-daughter woke up to sit in the kitchen and watch me bake cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 4 chocolate, 1 coconut, 2 pound cakes. I have a couple orders for tomorrow to hopefully make it a good day.
After lunch we took our daily stroll outside in the nice 68 degree sunshine. I think g-daughter looks forward to this time each day now as she is so interested in all the things around her when we go outside.
Hopefully this little cold spell will pass and the warmth will return so we can continue these outings.
I wonder if we could say this is our "Easter cold spell" a week early ????
The "R" winter storm Regis was named today as it is coming this way to bring rain and snow to the mountains and east coast on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
While g-daughter took her afternoon nap I cleaned the kitchen and rested a little before d-in-love picked up g-daughter and daughter picked me up to go with her to schedule the tent and chairs for the wedding.
After that was done we went over to her house for her to try on her wedding dress again and see what we needed to do to hook the train up during the reception. It has a hoop for her wrist but she wants it attached to the dress some how.
After trying different things we decided she needed to look at these in a full length mirror at my house before we did anything.
She brought me home and I did the chores and then iced my cakes.
This Friday felt more like my "in season" Fridays !!!  Whew I am ready to close this busy week out !!
The decade pics for the month of March in 2006 were very few.
These are three of our calves back then.
And this is Snowball our old milk cow.
And this is a picture of the trailer my dad and I put in for me to live in in 1974. Hubbie and I lived in it before we built our house and after renting it for several years #1 son lived there with his best friend . After he got married his best friend and his wife live there at the time of this photo.
My #2 son put a modular home in place of the old trailer in 2007 then he sold it to #1 son who lives there now.
I am very thankful for all the blessings of this day and for God's protective hand each day.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: