Monday, August 8, 2016


Had another rough night last night with all these blisters burning and itching. I woke up about 4:30 and never went back to sleep.
G-son and g-daughter arrived at 7am and hubbie took care of breakfast for them as I don't want to touch anything g-son eats so I won't take a chance on infecting him with this Hand, Foot and Mouth virus g-daughter and I have. I'm also glad g-daughter had a fairly mild case, not like my huge sections of huge blisters.
Hopefully this will be my worst day.
I tried to go back to bed for a little more sleep but still couldn't sleep so I did the chores and got the laundry started early.
G-son was so good to play with his sister today and keep her entertained. She refused to take a nap in her crib today longer than about 10 minutes so she needed his attention.

About mid morning he went with hubbie to pay the boarding bill at the vet's office then they stopped by Sam's Club and he brought home a slice of pizza for his lunch which g-daughter spied quickly !!!

I did 4 loads of laundry today then started going through the tomatoes we picked yesterday to get 12 pounds out to make into salsa with the bell peppers we picked from the garden and some onions I already had in the frig downstairs.
I ended up with 17 pints of very tasty but pretty thin salsa as the tomatoes were really watery from all the rain last week.

And also the house smelled soooo good after this cooked for a while. I put this batch in the freezer to hopefully thicken up a bit.
Hubbie worked in the garden for a while this afternoon and got some Kale planted for our Fall garden.
I had intentions of making the Pasta Sauce also this evening but I need some tomato paste to help thicken the sauce so I will get some tomorrow and make it tomorrow afternoon.
I had to throw away more tomatoes as the water content is rotting them quickly.
D-in-love came in at 5:30 to pick up the kids.
#2 son brought everyone's mail by here and separated it this evening on his way home from work.
After chores I started to chill again like my fever was going up again so I wrapped up on the couch for a while to watch the news.
I moved 5 hens and 1 rooster from the Silkie lot to the biggest hen lot last night and banded their legs with yellow bands, this years color, this morning so I went up there early this evening and kept them from flying back into the Silkie lot and thankfully they finally went into the big hen house on their own. A couple more nights of this and they will be set and I can turn out the 6 Araucana pullets I bought into the Silkie lot.
I worked more on my blog vacation post pictures tonight and then am heading early to soak in a epsom salts bath to hopefully ease these burning blisters.
My knees are my worst !!!
Prayerfully thankful for all the blessings of this day. I know they were there but some days they are just harder to see than others. But I rest in the peace and confidence that God knows what he is doing and this too shall pass in His due time.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: