Friday, August 26, 2016

FRIDAY FARM SHOPPING

Up to a very nice morning today. After chores and breakfast I headed up on Sugarloaf mountain to my friends berry farm. I love the entrance to this place with his grandparents old house all decorated.

I got blackberries, red grapes, a pint of their last pull of honey and a watermelon that they grew, yum.
I went back by my favorite apple house on the way into town and got some of my favorite eating apples, Honeycrisp, and some white peaches there. I also was shopping for daughter in these two places.


My last stop of the day was Walmart as I had forgotten to buy some table cloth material when I was there yesterday.  I got some red and white check and some pretty Fall décor material to use for table cloths on my market tables.

It was almost lunchtime when I got home so I had a quick sandwich before beginning my baking for the day. I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 1 coconut, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake and was finished by about 3:30.
Daughter came by for a visit and picked up all her produce I had gotten her this morning.
After she left I relaxed out in the sunshine for vitamin D but it was so hot I couldn't stand it long !!
When hubbie came in from work we rested and watched the news.
This second setting Silkie finally got off the nest and she also has 5 chicks !! Strange for both of the hens to have hatched 5 chicks each.

After chores I started icing all my cakes. My knee is hurting pretty badly tonight so I am happy to get into a hot bath and bed a little before midnight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for His love.
God Bless and Good night.

No comments: