Tuesday, August 16, 2016

CATCHING UP TUESDAY

Up to greet both grandkids this morning before 8am. I am enjoying this week of 8am alarms as soon d-in-love's earlier schedule will kick in.
After I got both kids waffles for breakfast I went outside to do the chores. It is a sunny warm morning so far.
After I had my breakfast I took g-daughter out for a ride in the stroller while I got my morning exercise in.
I stopped and picked a bowl of grapes on my way back inside, they really taste good this year !!

After her morning bottle g-daughter took about  15 minute nap. I  worked on sewing up all the little pillows I cut out yesterday while she slept. Then she was entertained by "Daniel Tiger" while I finished sewing .

I know someone who is going to really miss her big brother when school starts in a week and a half !!


My house hasn't been cleaned in 2 weeks and it is really starting to show so today was house cleaning day.
I cleaned between getting food and doing other things for the kids. Finally getting the floors mopped while g-daughter took her 30 minute nap this afternoon.
It started raining at noon and rained all afternoon leaving 1/2 inch in the gauge before it stopped about 3:30. This is pic someone shared of downtown Hendersonville today as the storms rolled in.


#1 son and Tif got a new car today. They decided to lease this new Toyota 4-runner for 3 years after trading in her mustang.

After d-in-love picked up the kids I rested until hubbie got home from work. We did chores a little early so he could go to another nominating team meeting at church.
While he was gone to the meeting I canned the rest of the tomatoes that have been sitting on my table. I have 7 more quarts to go in the pantry.

I am finally catching up with everything after our vacation, whew !!!!  It seems it has taken a lot longer this year with this sickness I came home with and I still don't feel like I have my strength entirely back yet. All the blisters have formed brown scabs and are peeling off leaving new pink skin underneath.

I am getting in bed earlier to help get more rest so tonight it is 10:20 ad I'm ready for a hot bath and bed.
Thankful to God for the blessings of this day and praying for blessings on all the family as we all strive to follow God's path through this life.
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

i know what you mean about the "dirt level" when you don't get to clean regularly. I missed last week and this week and boy does it ever show. Did manage to get the bathrooms cleaned though. Your canned tomatoes look so good. Wish I did canning. Glad your scabs are healing and hoping you are back to normal real soon. Blessings