Friday, August 19, 2016

RAINY FRIDAY , 1956 MEMORY AND RIP LUCCI MY FRIEND

Whew , got to sleep in a few minutes this morning and I really needed the extra zzz's because for some unknown reason I could not get to sleep last night. Maybe it was the late cup of hot green tea I had but I'm pretty sure I've drank tea that later before with no effects.
It rained hard jaut as I got into bed and that usually lulls me to sleep but not even that worked last night. There was 4/10ths inch of rain in the gauge and deeper mud puddles all around this morning from that rain.
Anyway after chores and breakfast I took a walk to shake out all the cobwebs in my head. Little did I know when I snapped this picture of the sunny driveway as I headed back up to the house that this sunshine would be very short lived today.

I came back inside just as daughter came in with her baked goods and to grab a BLT for a quick lunch before she was off to meet the volleyball team for their annual trip to Davidson College to play in a tournament tomorrow. They were leaving at 11:30.
I decided to have a quick lunch before I started baking today.  I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and 2 pound cakes for tomorrow's market.
The rain began about 2:00 with distant thunder but thankfully it never got closer but the rain stayed with us all afternoon and evening leaving another 1/2 inch in the gauge by choretime this evening.
Needless to say we are really soggy right now but the temperature is really cooling down with the rain and we didn't get out of the 70's today.
After the baking was done I needed a rainy day job and went through my photos for August decade pictures which I am behind on for this month.
The earliest happen in the xxx6 decades was back in August 1956 when I got a baby brother on August 24th. This isn't a newborn pic but it is the earliest I could find of him. I'm looking like a proud big sister.


I found these pics of women's fashion in August 1956 . The capri pants surprised me !!

Thankful as always to a loving Lord each time I do a decade post that God led me through the life I have had.
I did evening chores in a steady drizzle and then had to trade my shorts for some long lounge pants to get warm in the coolness of the evening. I sent the evening icing my cakes and getting ready for market tomorrow.
Praying tonight for the husband and brother of my long time friend Louise Lance who lost a long time battle with diabetes and very poor health last Sunday. Praying for her wheel chair bound husband that he is able to find peace with Lucci's death and look to God for comfort in the days ahead.

God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: