Tuesday, August 30, 2016

TUESDAY BAKING AND VOLLEYBALL

G-daughter arrived at 7am. I took her back to bed hoping she could get some extra sleep. But it took 45 minutes to get her to sleep 10 minutes,  so not worth the effort !!!!!
She sat in her high chair and ate cheerios while I went outside and did chores for the morning. Sadly one of the black Silkie hen's little chicks had one of its legs caught under the feed pan this morning and died. It was really a pretty brown color.
Back inside g-daughter had waffles and I had oatmeal for breakfast to begin our busy day.
We took a walk this morning in the nice cooler sunny weather. Signs of Fall are starting to show up everywhere as we walk. The walnuts and persimmons are falling in the driveway and there is a good amount of leaves already on the lawn from the early shedding trees.


 The Redbud trees are loaded with seed pods ready to fly off in a strong wind .
Our grapes are ripening slowly this year and they are really small. Grapes like dry weather better than all the rain we have had this year.

I discovered our driveway ditch filled and block in a couple spots from the recent hard rains and got a shovel and dug it back open under the watchful eye of all my walking companions !!!

EL started pre-school this morning. She is going 2 days a week to help prepare her for real school.
Back inside I baked cakes today to get a jump on the holiday baking orders. This little girl brought back so many memories of her brother to me while she rolled around in the kitchen while I baked and tugged on my shorts for attention.


I, or we, baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate and 4 pound cakes then had a late lunch. G-daughter ate very good and then took about a 30 minute nap.
I got out my apple decor and changed the furniture covers and put away some of the summer decor.
G-daughter didn't take another nap all afternoon but played good in her playpen as long as I was in the same room as her she was okay but when I left to go to the bathroom or anywhere else the meltdown commenced.
After d-in-love picked her up I went out to the high school to watch daughter's JV volleyball team play Asheville high.

This is the victory circle after they defeated Asheville in 2 quick sets.
I talked to daughter then left as she said the varsity would be a real blowout and she called later and said I surely didn't miss anything in that one as North defeated Asheville in 3 sets by scores of 25-6,25-2, 25-5.  I'm glad I came home and had supper.
After getting the chores done I relaxed out in the covered patio and watched hubbie mow the lawn until almost dark.
To end the decade pics for this month I have one left. In August of 2006 I had a dear friend at market named Linda Justice. She was always buying me something and that year she brought me several plants back from one of her trips to a flea market. This is a picture of the large Angel Trumpet blooms on one of the plants she brought me.
I'm thankful for pics like this one that seem really unimportant but have such wonderful memories attached to them. Linda has since passed away after a courageous battle with cancer so it is a really nice remembrance of such a special lady.
Remember a day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel !!!
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

linda m said...

I love your little saying "Remember a day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel". It really is very appropriate. EL is really growing up so fast; such a lovely girl. Blessings