Sunday, October 16, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! #35 FOR #1 SON AND #10 FOR G-SON

I started this Sunday morning off in the kitchen. I found a whole turkey in the bottom of the freezer last week and we decided to have an early Thanksgiving lunch with it today. I wanted to try cooking it in my large pressure pot to see how it does. The turkey weighed 12 pounds and it barely squeezed into the cooker. I made a glaze from some of my apple jam and jelly I had canned and mixed in some poultry seasoning, added 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and set the timer for 40 minutes.
I did chores and we got ready for church. Just as we left the pressure clicked off and the pot went into "keep warm" mode.
Church was good today it was "pink" Sunday in honor of breast cancer awareness month and we had an ordination service for another young man who has been elected deacon.Congratulations Kyle Smith.

Everyone made it to our early Thanksgiving lunch and the turkey turned out delicious and impressive for only 40 minutes of cooking time.
After we ate we had g-son's 10th and #1 son's 35th birthday celebration.
 Always amazes me how the simplest things bring the greatest joy !!!

G-son had the duty of lighting all the candles !!


Everyone enjoyed the cake and ice cream and the balloons I picked up yesterday.
Then Josh and daughter played ball with g-son and g-daughter outside in the beautiful 80 degree sunshine.

I found pics of #1 son's 10th birthday to compare with g-son's today .


Josh and daughter stayed and watched a football game on TV with hubbie and I to end a perfect and very fun Sunday.
After evening chores hubbie and I relaxed and thanked God for a wonderful family.
The news from the flooded areas of eastern NC is still bad as more bodies are recovered as the waters recede bring the death tole to 26 now in the state and as the flooded main interstate I-95 came into view from under the flood waters it was discovered that parts of it are washed away and it won't be able to re-open until at least November.
Thankful tonight for a blessing filled day and for the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night







No comments: