Thursday, October 13, 2016

SLOW MARKET and 1956 MEMORIES

A boring market Thursday for the most part today.

I am thankful for all that I did sell as always.
After market I ran regular errands and picked up baking supplies and groceries at Ingles. Aldi and Walmart on the way home.
It is warmer today than it has been reaching 76 for the high. Here is the almanac numbers for this date.

I picked up g-son on the way home today to stay with us while his mom went back to the doctor with her mom this afternoon.
He was a hungry boy this afternoon !!!
After hubbie and I did chores we all had supper then his dad made it to pick him up from his out of town job.
Since this is a slow day I am going to continue the decade pics again today with the 1956 October memories.
One sad memory is the death of my uncle Anderson Holmes.I don't remember ever hearing exactly what he died of but the obit says an extended illness.


Also that October I had 2 month old baby brother to play with.
This is me sitting on the hood of my dad's Oldsmobile.
This is me with my cousin Winnie Moore and her two sons, Barry and Jack.

And this is one of my cousins, Don Cox in his 7th grade picture.
Again thankful for my Aunt Hattie's scrap book and photo albums !
Got a text from Gayle, a friend / classmate that I re-connected with last Fall at our class reunion and she has gotten moved to upstate SC so she is close to the area and we are planning a meet soon.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and still praying for the flooding victims in eastern NC with the death tole climbing each day, now at 20 deaths in the floods that are still getting worse.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: