Friday, October 7, 2016

HURRICANE FRIDAY

Ohhhh !!!! Maybe I shouldn't have rode that stationary bike last night as my knee feels bruised and sore this morning ???   I feel like I have been whacked across the knee cap with a ball bat.
I got out to get chores done before the rain moves in from the hurricane. I moved some of my plants from under the eaves out so they could catch some of the promised rain.
I had breakfast and as I sat in the sunroom reading my Bible the rain started falling lightly.
This Fall pitcher is a new addition to my decoration and I love it.

I filled the bird feeders on the front porch and they were immediately put to use as food and shelter !!

I carried water to all the remaining plants on the porch before I started baking for the day.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 3 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes then had a late lunch of some shrimp stir fry.
It has rained off and on all day with a cool temp in the upper 60's for the day. A cup of hot coffee hit the spot on this dreary afternoon as I rested my knee to ease the persistent pain.

I did get my sewing project in for today before hubbie came in from work. This medium sized yellow flowered bonnet will make a nice addition to my market supply.

Hubbie and I watched the news and rested before sloshing out in the still light rain to do chores.
I emptied 4/10ths inch from the gauge but the rain is still coming down and as the storm gets closer up the coast we expect more overnight rain.

Florida damage reports are coming in and the town of St Augustine was the worst so far when the dunes were breached and the town was flooded.





Thankfully there was only one fatality in Florida in the wake of this storm.  As it weakens to cat 2 storm he sets his eyes on Georgia and the Carolina coast overnight and into tomorrow. Praying for all the folks in his path.
I spent the evening icing cakes .
The high school that daughter teaches at always backs the volleyball team this time each year as they raise money all week for their "volley for a cure" cancer fighting donation. This is the staff and some of the students decked out in their "pink out" today. Daughter is beside the man teacher in the blue shirt near the top.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for His everlasting love.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: