Thursday, October 27, 2016

SCIENCE NIGHT AND 2006 SWEET MEMORIES

Another busy day on tap so I'm up and out early once again. I got the chores done and headed to market on a surprisingly cloudy humid chilly morning.
I looked at the temperature expecting another 30's reading but it was mid 40's already but it feels really cold today because of all the clouds I guess.
Market was slow but okay today. Few people came through but most of the ones that did come through bought something so that was good.
I was modeling my spider top and earrings today !!!!  I love dressing for the holidays !!!!

After I left market I ran errands and made stops at Aldi and Walmart for baking supplies and groceries.
I got home a little after 4:00 and got unloaded and things put away. I did chores early today and then headed over to Edneyville elementary school where g-son goes to volunteer for science night.
  I took Donna, the principles place at the pop corn popper.
They were giving away free popcorn and I lost count of how many bags I filled !!!! There was also free water and donated apples.
The kids all acted like they had a good time. G-son with his "monster" goo !!!
I had a nice visit with the principle as we finished and cleaned up and then I got home around 7:30.
I have spent the evening catching up on things I have got behind on the last couple busy days.
One more thing I need to finish up for the month as it nears it's end is one more post of decade pictures. It was an exciting month back in October 2006 as our life was getting ready to change forever with the birth of our first grandchild.
G-son made his appearance about noon on October 16 that year.

A very happy birthday to #1 son as g-son and he will always share a birthday.

Me getting my first touch of this sweet baby.
G-son getting his first look at his favorite aunt T !
#2 son loves this little guy.
Hubbie with his first grand child.
Hubbie's mom and dad got their first look at their first great grandchild.
Great aunt Sandy and great uncle Marty hold the first grand baby of the family .
And great uncle Robert and great aunt Beverly come to visit.

October 2006 will always be a special month in the history of our family with g-son's birth.
This is a picture of Bernie and Dolly in much happy healthy times for both of them !!
I am reminded tonight as I look at these photos and look at tonight's photo of a 10 year old g-son of just how precious time with these kids are because it passes so quickly . Seems like in the blink of an eye 10 years have past me by and this beautiful little helpless baby has grown into such a handsome independent young man.
Just heard from daughter and unfortunately her volleyball season came to an abrupt end tonight at the hands of North Iredell High School in the second round of the state playoffs. Congrats on a great 23-3 year.
I am humbly grateful to God for the joys He has brought into my life.
God Bless and Good Night.












1 comment:

linda m said...

Love your "costume" and all the decades pictures. g-son sure has grown up fast. Blessings