Wednesday, October 12, 2016

PERFECT FALL DAY AND 1946 MEMORIES

After chores, breakfast and devotions I decided to take a short walk to see how my knee will feel. I took it slow and after the first round I felt like making another one. After the second lap I could feel a little pain in my knee so I called it good and went inside.
As I walked I noticed this one little azalea blossom out of season.

I also remembered to take the October garden scan.

We are still getting tomatoes, peppers, squash and the underground crops of potatoes and turnips.

I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon baking. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake.
Another gorgeous Fall day beckoned me out into the sunshine for a nice rest before tackling my decade picture search for October.
With birthdays and Halloween in this month there were a lot of decade pics.
I had some help as g-son came to stay with me while d-in-love went with her mom to the doctor.
Loving his Mozzerella sticks !!!

He brought the legos we had bought him yesterday and worked all afternoon on getting them together. He amazes me at how adapt he is at his lego projects even if like these they are rated for 12 year olds.
His dad picked him up about 6:15 to go to soccer practice.
Hubbie and I did chores then I did weekly paperwork before watching Survivor on TV then my icing began. I finished and got in bed about midnight.
To begin the decade series for this month I found pics from the 1946's for a good start.
My uncle Anderson Holmes was very thankful for an abundance of apples and potatoes.


Also the big news for the area that year in October was the opening of the first local radio station, WHKP. This station is still one of only two in the county today.
Thankful for my Aunts old scrapbook !!!!
Grateful to god for the blessings of today and His gracious love each and every day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: