Friday, July 27, 2018

BAKING FRIDAY AND 1988 MEMORIES

Up to greet another end of the week Friday. I still am having trouble sleeping with the pain in my back but I can tell it is slowly getting better each night thankfully.
Hubbie was already outside working on getting the log piles son dumped in the pasture pushed together . He didn't want the cattle trying to climb around on the logs.
I got chores done and then started gathering my baking supplies.
Hubbie came inside and helped me get things carried up to the kitchen.
I baked 12 caramel,2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies to take to market tomorrow.
Hubbie finished his outside work about the time I was sitting down to eat a late lunch. After we ate we cleaned house. Just as I finished mopping us out the door d-in-love drove by with a special treat for us. A new Cook-Out restaurant opened up late last week just out the road and she brought us a couple of their famous milkshakes. They were very good, I had a cherry and hubbie had strawberry cheesecake and we both made short work of them as they really hit the spot after our housework frenzy. Thanks d-in-love and grands.
We took a short rest out in the covered patio and I shucked another bunch of money plant that grew in the front yard to sell at market.
It came a short rain shower while we were out there and that shower really cooled the temps down.
The rain didn't last long and didn't even wet under the trees as we so badly need some rain for the garden but at least the leaves will get to suck up a few drops.
We did chores then I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Hubbie is market manager tomorrow in place of daughter who isn't feeling well. The docs thinks she has shingles.
This is g-daughter RL singing to one of her chickens this evening.
She still loves those chickens so much and every evening this is where you will find her.
There was a lovely full moon tonight if you could catch a glimpse among all the passing clouds.
Back in July of 1988 we were having a lot of fun going to the lake on most weekends with 3 kids and farming our cattle.
The kids had so much fun at the lake.





All our cattle were pets back then and I have always loved cute little calves.



We had a big Herford bull that was really sweet and beautiful.
This is hubbie's red beagle that he really loved.
The kids loved farm life …..

This is a newspaper article published in our local paper on July 31,1988.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the memories.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: