Saturday, July 14, 2018

HOT BUSY MARKET DAY

Up and out to get chores done and get to market this morning. Maybe it's me getting older but I am having a hard transition back to regular work days this time after vacation. I feel like I'm in a fog this morning and keep having to remind myself what  time it is and what I need to be doing.
We made it to market only a few minutes late and got set up. Daughter and IR were already there doing their managing job and IR had been asking for her Pawpaw.
He took care of her and I had a good selling day today for daughter and me.
IR went to sleep on the stroller ride to the library with hubbie and slept over 2 hours with a fan pointed at her in the hot market.
I wilted in the heat and didn't feel well at all.
Son-in-love came after IR when she woke up and hubbie went to Sam's Club for our weekly grocery trip.
We had our monthly board meeting today after market closed and the meeting lasted 2 hours finishing the job of completely wilting me.
I did manage a stop at Ingles and Aldi on the way home to pick up some groceries and baking supplies for next week.
By the time I got home at 6:00 I felt like I could just go to bed and sleep all evening and night.
I had a light supper and then did chores.
After chores I did lay on the couch and doze for a little while in the cool house. I usually don't let the heat bother me like it did today, hopefully I'm not getting sick.
We need some rain really badly on our garden as folks all around us are getting rains but it is just not reaching us.
I thought maybe a walk around the yard this evening would help to revive me and I wanted to see what was blooming for me in this hot, dry weather. The Rose of Sharon is really pretty this year.


All the Butterfly bushes are blooming right now and doing their job attracting butterflies and many other insects to their sweet nectar.


Some of the Stella Dora day lilies are still blooming along with this one Rose bush.

This is a bush I dug up from #2 son's previous house when he changed some landscaping and it is very pretty but I don't know it's name.
Some of daughter's pots up at the barn are blooming and these lilies are so pretty and they smell heavenly.
The Oregano is in full bloom right now and since I stopped cutting it it has really overgrown the area where it is planted.
In this flower bed below the house the Gladiolas that I planted are starting to bloom but the heavy blooms are pulling them over so I built a little fence to help them stand up I hope it works because they look like they are really going to be pretty.

I also took time to cut the dried money plant from the bed in front of the house and below the chicken lot to sell when I get the coins shells shucked off it.
I am getting in bed early tonight and hoping to sleep whatever is wrong with me off.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and thankful for the grace of my loving Heavenly Father.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: