Tuesday, July 31, 2018

HAPPY 64th TO ME and GOODBYE JULY

A strange morning to wake up with hubbie gone to work at managing market.Got up feeling refreshed from the good night's sleep I had. Thankful that my back eased off enough with the heating pad to allow a good night's sound sleep.
I did chores and had a leisurely breakfast out in the sunroom with even an extra cup of coffee on this cloudy cooler morning.
I changed out all the monthly decorations from the red ,white and blue of July to yellow and green sunflowers for August.
I finished this by lunch time and had a salad of mostly fresh vegetables from our garden and then stripped the bed all the way down to the mattress and did a load of laundry.
The clouds grew really dark and rain started falling about the time hubbie came in from market.He said it was a pretty slow day but he did sell one of daughters tobacco stick ladders and my money plant bunch that I had out there.
After the short shower of rain ended hubbie and I went to Walmart and stopped by sis-in-laws to pick up some things.
Lastly we stopped by daughter's apartment.
We got home just in time to get chores done before the thunder started rumbling again.
Today is my 64th birthday and I spent it doing my routine things.
All the kids called or text to wish me a happy birthday and RL said if it was my birthday it must be hers also !!!
Today also brings another busy summer month to an end.
We started out this month with a busy 4th of July all day celebration starting with a trip to Columbus to a street fair and ending it at Aa and Re's house for a cook-out and fireworks.
Each Monday when we have had g-son and g-daughter RL we have planned a park visit and met daughter with g-daughter IR to have a fun day.
We have made a couple trips to see the goats at Carl Sandburgs and a couple trips to Flat Rock Park where there is things for all ages to enjoy.
We made our family beach trip a little early this year with a trip to Isle of Palms, SC. The kids had a blast and everyone enjoyed it very much.
Our garden has done well so far and I have canned green beans and made dilly beans this month.
Market has been very busy this month thankfully and that has kept me busy.
#1 son cleared daughter's house site and is waiting for the permits to continue work. He also built RL a chicken coup for the 6 silkie chicks I gave her and she loves those chickens each day.
G-son had a week of soccer camp which he enjoyed very much.
#2 son and Tif are making plans for an upcoming exciting trip.
Daughter and son-in-love closed on their new house this month and they both got new vehicles. Son-in-love who leases a Honda traded his Accord for a Honda CRV and daughter traded her small Equinox for a Toyota Odyssey van which has much more room. They also made another family beach trip with a couple of son-in-love's brothers and their families. They are both excited about the progress of their house site.
This summer is slipping by me like most months and seasons do and it seems like a dream that this is the last day of July and that summer is coming to a fast end. Seems it was just yesterday that we were looking forward to playing in January's snowfall.
I am so thankful and so humbled by God's love and blessings that He pours out on my family as life goes on. I pray each day that God will guide me through each day and that my paths are always pointed toward Him.
God Bless, Good Night and Good Bye July

2 comments:

linda m said...

Happy Belated Birthday. May God continue to bless you. July seems to be the birthday month as I also celebrated a birthday this month.

Angela said...

Happy Belated Birthday! My birthday is in July too. Hope you had a blessed day.