Wednesday, July 18, 2018

NAMES FOR RL'S CHICKENS

Up to get things started this morning . I got the chores done and was having breakfast when daughter dropped IR off. Son-in-love had made daughter a message appointment for this morning.
We loaded up IR and went to Fletcher Feed to pick up chicken feed.
IR finally took a short nap on the way back home .
Daughter met us here when we got back to have lunch then take IR to the pool for the afternoon.
Hubbie went outside to trim our driveway and I started my baking. I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 6 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
By the time I finished baking the sky had clouded up and looked like rain would fall at any minute but we didn't get even a drop.
RL picked out names for her chickens today as she gave them their daily dose of RL love !!!
 The 2 red hens are Pippi and Lucille, the dark rooster is Julius, the  white rooster is Oscar, the red and white hen is Abigail II ,and the white little hen is Betty !!! I wouldn't bet on the correct sexing of these chickens yet but you never know.
#2 son and Tif came by to discuss some exciting upcoming events with us .
We did chores and then I had to get 2 weeks of paperwork and bills paid before icing my cakes. It was a long night and I fell into bed this morning about 1:30am. Making it an even longer night was a wrong turn I made and popped my right knee. It brought me almost to the floor if the counter hadn't been there for me to grab hold of.
I couldn't put any weight on it for several minutes and then it felt like it wasn't strong enough to hold me up. I managed to get things finished and soak in a hot tub for a few minutes.
I had to find a certain way to lay that leg in bed so it wouldn't hurt but I was so very tired it didn't take long for me to get to sleep.
As usual on baking days I am writing this post of Thursday and back dating it.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: