Sunday, July 15, 2018

CHICKEN MOVING DAY

Woke up this morning before the alarm and couldn't go back to sleep. At least I feel much better than I did last night.
I got chores done, had breakfast and cleaned the kitchen up while hubbie put the corn and potatoes on the stove. We had a roast beef in the crockpot that had cooked all night.
We went to church to hear a guest preacher since both our pastors are on mission trip with about 80 more members of our church.
We came home and I fixed green beans, biscuits, cucumber and tomato slices as well as a special dessert for the kids while hubbie fried yellow squash out on the grill.
He does all the frying outside so the kitchen doesn't get smoked up and overheated .
After everyone finished eating we all went outside to let the kids run and play for a little while.
After everyone left hubbie and I did some catch up garden work. While he worked on weeding I picked the green beans. Getting a full 1/2 bushel of half runners and about 1/4 bushel of blue lakes .
I see more canning in my near future !!!
#1 son finished RL's chicken house and she came after her 6 Silkies this afternoon to introduce them to their new home.





After we did chores we moved some hens around here after they roosted and moved the chicken tractor to a new spot with plenty of green grass for the added hens and new rooster in there. I brought the oldest rooster down to the dog lots where the other yard rooster used to roost to get him used to being outside and hanging around with the dogs and cat in the yard. 
This morning I also got a start on acclimating the guineas to the yard outside their pen by letting only one of them out today so that it would hang around the pen and it worked well with no problems getting it back inside the lot this evening. 
RL had to help her Silkies climb the walkway into their house this evening.

I'm sure these little guys love their new home and their new little master.
I am working on catching up my blog post this evening from last week of vacation.
Thankful for the love of Jesus Christ tonight and thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: