Friday, July 20, 2018

WORKDAY FRIDAY AND MY 1958 4TH BIRTHDAY

Up to another dry hot July day. I got chores done and then had breakfast. As usual on Fridays hubbie and I had to decide what to do first.
We decided I should bake this morning and he would bush hog the pastures before the afternoon storms that were predicted got here.
I baked 12 caramel, 1 pound, 1 blackberry wine cake and I heard hubbie coming up the drive about the time I was getting ready to have a late lunch.

The bottom pastures look almost back to normal after the floods earlier this summer scalded all the grass in the low places out.
This is what it looked like about a month ago.

We had lunch then we did our Friday house cleaning while the clouds took over the sky.
We watched the sky for a while and I worked on getting out my July decade pics since this month is getting close to being over I decided this had to be done.
When it appeared that all the rain had went around us hubbie decided to spray all our garden squash. Seems that every type of squash that we have planted has developed the powdery mildew disease.
Hubbie had some spray left over from a couple years ago when we had the same problem and it helped stop it.
Hopefully we will get the same results this year. The drastic changes in the weather help these diseases get a head start some years.
We did chores and then I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
I will get the decade pics started tonight with the earliest in July 1958 with my 4th birthday pictures.
 I remember this little piano for years and years after this. I don't think it was my birthday gift because I don't think we ever got gifts on our birthdays just cake.

Speaking of birthdays this little beauty passed her 13 month birthday today. Have no idea how daughter got her to wear this big hat and smile this big ????

We escaped the evening without the strong storms that were predicted hopefully the night will be quiet also.
Thankful for the blessings of this day .
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: