Thursday, July 5, 2018

GOOD MARKET AND CANNING GREEN BEANS

Well God decided to best all the noisy fireworks of last night very early this morning as loud thunder brought both hubbie and me sitting up in bed.
The storm was really close and lightening flashed brighter than any of the fireworks as the house shook with each thunder. Thankfully it passed quickly and only left 8/10ths inch of rain in the gauge which fell in 30 minutes.
The storm didn't do any damage for us but at Aa's house lightening hit his fence charger and damaged the outside plug it was plugged into.
I drifted back to sleep and it seemed no time at all until the alarm sounded. I got chores done and we headed to market.
Between a spot of road construction and an accident it was like going through a maze to get to market this morning. Our town is just too crowded for the roads we have.
Daughter was already at market with IR managing. After we got set up hubbie took IR for a walk and got her to take a nap.
I had a good sales day today and all the orders got picked up thanks to God.
After IR woke up she had Addie and Kaylyn to play with and enjoyed following them around in her walker.
It was sooooo hot in market today that by the end of the day we were all pretty wiped out. Hubbie had ran his dump errand when he went to pick up our lunch so he went straight home after market.
I had to make my regular bank and PO stops as well as stop at Walmart for more baking supplies.
Hubbie helped me unload then we rested and cooled off for a little while before he got on the lawn mower and I did some ironing.
We got chores done and then I got out this old old canner and fired her up again.
I had enough beans to can 7 quarts and have some left for hubbie and I to eat tomorrow.
Hubbie sprayed the garden for Japanese Beetles as yesterday when I picked the beans I saw several.
Hopefully it won't rain until the spray has time to work.
The second named tropical Atlantic storm was named today. Beryl isn't expected to cause any problems for the US at least that's what they say now !!
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love and protection on our Mighty Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

We finally are having a cooler day today. Thankful for any relief from the heat and humidity. Your beans look great. Have a blessed weekend.