Tuesday, April 14, 2020

MORE MULCHING

Up to a beautiful day this morning to help erase the awful memories of the stormy night of night before last. I really slept well last night as well to get caught up on my sleepless night through the storms of Sunday night.
I got chores done quicker without my watering duties thanks to the recent rain.
Back inside we had breakfast then hubbie headed out for his post op appointment on his back cancer surgery at the dermatologist office. They gave specific directions for him to call from his truck when he arrived and they would come and get him and take him straight back to an exam room. He wore his face mask and said all the nurses and doctor also had mask on.
He was fine and doesn't need to go back for 6 months.
While he was gone I did some housecleaning and when he got back daughter and son-in-love came over and dropped the girls off and took hubbie's truck into Lowes to get another load of mulch.



They went to their house and put out 30 bags more and finished their yard. They came back for lunch here and brought me 10 bags to put out below the hens lot.
After they left hubbie and I put out the 10 bags of mulch which I hope will deter the chickens and guineas from scratching around my young Hostas.
Hubbie went out in the pasture to remove the trees that were blown over in Sunday night's storm and fix the fences .
I walked down to d-in-love's and talked to the kids for a while. EL and BB were there playing with RL while Re shopped for groceries.
I came back to the house and got chores done.
We came inside and I figured weekly bills and then got into bed with an early bedtime.
Praying for all those that had major storm damage and praying for all the victims of the covid 19 virus as numbers in our county continue to climb at 3 of our retirement homes.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: