Thursday, April 23, 2020

RAINY DAY CLEANING DAY

Woke to a rainy morning today with already .7 inch of rain in the gauge. I got chores done in a light rain and then had breakfast.
With the rain supposed to last all day hubbie and I both started looking around for things to pass the time figuring the kids wouldn't be getting out today.
Hubbie went up to his shop to work on his air compressor and I started cleaning my office out. It is sad when you start finding things with several years back dates on them and you realize just how long it has been since this room got a good cleaning. Hubbie won't have to worry about having enough recyclables for a few weeks with all the papers that I took out and I got another bag of shreds for bedding the hen houses.
I worked steadily all afternoon even skipping lunch after daughter brought in a gallon of strawberries from a trip to son-in-love's parents house close to the SC line. They are very tasty so that was a good enough lunch for me.
I made a lot of difference in my office but didn't get finished so hopefully tomorrow I can get finished. I got sidetracked with some more closet organization in my bedroom and lost track of time.
Since I skipped lunch I decided to cook supper a little early. I had layed out some chicken thighs that Re brought me back from the meat market when she hauled her steers there a couple weeks ago so I put them in a cast iron skillet in some hot butter and cooked them for about 35 minutes. While they cooked I cut up a large sweet potato we had gotten in a CSA box we had order and then sautéed some green beans from the produce stand we stopped at yesterday. It was a great supper and everything was so good. I thought we would have some left overs for lunch tomorrow but all we had left were a few sweet potatoes.
At least we won't be rummaging the cabinets tonight for snacks !!!!
We got chores done in a break from the rains and then I did more closet work tonight so that it will be easier to finish the office closet tomorrow.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for our health as so many are getting sick with the covid virus all around us.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Your dinner sure looks and sounds delicious. i am heading to the butcher shop today to buy some meat. Blessings