Saturday, April 4, 2020

SPRING COLORS AND CHICKEN UPDATE

This Saturday morning sunrise is spectacular .
Not long after this pic the clouds moved in and dampened the color with a light misty rain shower.
I got chores done and then watered my raised beds before I came inside for breakfast.
I had a bowl of oatmeal and coffee and watched as the sun finally won the battle with the clouds and warmed the day up nicely.
I went outside to walk around and take in all the beauty on this morning.
There are Violets all over the yard this yard and the colors are brilliant.

My money plant is blooming early also.
This early Azalea is in full bloom and is being joined around the yard with a another of my favorites.

These colorful Hostas I bought last year are all making a comeback which is nice to see.
Several of my herbs are really putting on a show early this years after our mild winter.
The chives are always out early....
This pot with Sage and Mountain Mint is looking good....
And several specialty mints are coming back from last year. These special mints almost never come back but I'm happy to see several varieties.
the Blueberry bushes are covered in fruit buds this year.
The Blackberry patch looks so much better after I got it cleaned out and the vines look happy to have more room to spread out.
The Pear trees are loaded with beautiful blooms.

The peas and onions we planted in the garden a couple weeks ago are all up and waiting on a nice rainy day.
I sat for a while in the round swing and admired the nice Spring day.
After lunch I got out some herb seeds and got them started in egg carton planters. ( and yes I know Thyme is spelled wrong)
We had a pretty productive day getting a lot of small outdoors task taken care of.
To do a chicken up date the first hen I sat has 5 chicks out of a total of 7 eggs which was a good percentage hatch and they are growing like little weeds.
The second hen I sat has just started hatching and now has 2 little black Silkie chicks and is waiting on 2 bigger hen eggs to hatch hopefully .
And I sat another while Silkie today with 2 Silkie eggs and 5 big hen eggs under her.
I noticed today another Silkie hen that may be going broody, she is also a white hen, looks like the white hens are winning the broody game so far this year !!!
Another quarantine day comes to a close as we pray that God intervene in the spread of the Covid -19 virus and cover us with his gracious protective arms.
So very thankful for the blessings of this day and for His beautiful creations as the colorful spring season bids good-bye to the dull greys and browns of winter.
God Bless and Good Night











No comments: