Thursday, April 30, 2020

GOOD BYE APRIL

Thankful to wake to a calm morning after the wind rain and storms of the overnight that left 3 inches of rain in the gauge and flooded bottom pastures.
We got chores done and then grabbed a quick breakfast before heading over to daughter's house to pick up IR and get their trash and recyclables.
We also picked up RL who wanted to ride along while her mom had to go over to the elementary school to do some work.
We delivered eggs and went to the bank where the girls got stickers.

As we entered the long driveway up to the recycle center we saw these 2  tom turkeys following a hen turkey. They were pretty and the girls thought they were awesome especially when hubbie honked the horn and the turkeys gobbled.


we also made stops at the post office and the gas station then picked up lunch at the school for all the kids. We dropped EL and BB's off on our way home and g-son met us here to have lunch because they all loved the chicken rings that was today's entre.
Daughter with CA and d-in-love soon joined us and we all ate lunch.
The girls played awhile and then they all left.
They wanted to go outside and play but the day has stayed socked in cloudy and this was the mid afternoon temperature to say good bye to April.
Hubbie and I watched the news and then he sprayed weed killer around our walkways.
I realized I hadn't gotten out any decade pics for this month so I spent the evening working on this. I will add a couple post to April to get them all on here. I am out of my regular schedule so I need to concentrate harder on the things I have done regularly for years.
This different schedule should give me more time for these things but it seems I find other things to do.
I am spending some late hours tonight getting this caught up.
Looking back over this month there is not a lot to review as this has certainly been a different life right now. We've watched more and more things be shut down this month.  We spent a quiet Easter at home this year and did manage to get all the kids over here for our annual egg hunt.
We've had some severe weather during this month and some up and down temperatures that sent us covering up our early garden crops.
Hubbie and I both had our annual dermatology skin checks with hubbie getting an okay but the doctor took a Basil cell cancer off the back of one of my legs and I have to go back in June for a re-check on this.
We've enjoyed some family outings on the trials and started our season's marshmallow roast.
I've spent a lot of time just watching the beauty of our God's creations spring back to life after their dormant winter and enjoying all the color and designs of the most wonderful Creator of all time.
Thankful for the blessings of this month and looking forward to what God has in store for the coming month.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

So happy to hear you are all doing okay and staying healthy. Blessings