Sunday, April 5, 2020

STAY AT HOME PALM SUNDAY

A lazy Sunday morning once again as churches are all still closed and having on-line services. This is Palm Sunday so it feels even stranger not to be in church to begin Holy Week.
We got chores done along with an added chore for me right now and that is to water all my raised beds that have vegetables growing in them.
I had breakfast then we started preparing lunch. We are having smoked pork chops on the grill along with corn and green beans, I also cut up the last Delicata squash I had and put it in the oven with brown sugar , honey and cinnamon on it. I also made biscuits and an apple crisp  to use up all the older apples I had.
#1 son's family, #2 son and Tif and daughter and her family came to eat with us. We all had a nice visit.
After everyone left I put away clothes from last week and got out some more warm weather clothes for the early part of this week. Right now it is hard to decide what to wear because the temperature is so up and down right now.
We saw #1 son and RL going across the bottom pasture to fish in the creek and decided to walk down and see if they caught anything. Son would catch the little fish, what we have always called "horny heads" that inhabit our creek and he would let RL reel them in to her enjoyment. They caught 3 while we watched. I hope she enjoys fishing as much as I used to when I went with my dad.










I took this picture of my "drought rock" while we were there and as you can see it has plenty of crystal clear water running over it right now.
Hubbie and I came back to the house to feed the animals and on our way back up the drive I checked some vines where I saw the guineas come out of today and luckily I found a nest with 2 guinea eggs in it. I took those eggs and placed a silkie egg in the nest to hopefully keep the guineas laying in there so I can hatch some eggs under a new setting Silkie hen that I put in a brooder house tonight.
Now I have 4 of my 7 brooder houses filled.
No pic of this new one tonight as I waited until dark to move her in there but she settled down on the nest very nicely.
Crossing my fingers that at least these 2 guinea eggs will supplement my flock.
We came inside and had supper from the lunch left overs and some boiled eggs.
We spent the evening relaxing. 
IR loves blowing the spent dandelions !!!
There was a beautiful almost full moon this evening.

Sadly there was a one of the local rest homes that had 23 positive Covid-19 test come back to their residents and workers to double our county's total to 50 cases overnight. Cherry Spring retirement center is the center that is affected.
Thankful for a beautiful,restful, family filled Sunday and praying for all the victims of the covid-19 virus as well as praying that it is God's will that the virus doesn't effect our family.
God Bless and Good Night as we prayerfully enter Holy Week


1 comment:

linda m said...

May God continue to bless you during this Holy Week.