Thursday, August 12, 2010

PERSEID METEOR SHOWER VIEW

Daughter went with me to market this morning to help on her last Thursday before she goes back to work at school next Wednesday. We were pretty busy early but as the temperature climbed the crowds went down. I don't blame them it does get hot in the market.
When I left at 2:00 it was 94 degrees outside and probably 100 inside,whew !!!
I ran errands and got all my extras done and made it home at 4:00 so it was a productive afternoon.
The insurance company that my in-laws had insurance with for 50+ years will no longer insure the house since we are trying to sell it. So I went to talk to my insurance agent to get a basic fire policy on it.
I talked to several realtors to see what their percentage to sell was and they all told me 6%.
I've been reading everywhere that realty companys will negotiate their fees now but I guess around here that isn't happening!
Hubbie will need to talk to bro-in-law this weekend and I will get it listed Monday.
We were sure hoping to sell it before we had to go this route but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
After a sandwich supper and evening chores we headed to church to work awhile.
When we got back daughter was baking a cookie order she took today.
Her and her b-friend and hubbie and I went outside and watched the perseid meteor shower for about 30 minutes, we saw several in that time span.It was a really clear night for late summer and if our view hadn't been hampered by the trees we probably could have gotten a better show. We saw about 5-6 in our time out there which wasn't to bad.
Perseids are believed to be dust particles from the comet Swift-Tuttle as it orbits.
It was nice to lay out there under the stars with only the sounds of catydids, three frogs and the occasional coyote howl.
Thanking God for my blessings and for the wonders of nature.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I hope it is showing here. I am going to look now!

Have a blessed evening.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Glad you had a good day --even though it was hot. My son called me to say that he and his son had driven up into the mountains to a big field to watch the meteor shower. He said it was fabulous where they were since it was so dark and there were no trees in the way. Wish I could have seen it.

Your pictures --especially the last one--are GREAT.

Hope you have a good weekend. We're headed to the other Hendersonville to check on G's parents today.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ardith said...

I don't know how you find the energy to do all the baking and sewing and cooking that you do! I'm sorry you have to move and it's not an easy task. Will you move to another farm? Take care and God bless.